Hoiberg taken to hospital ☹️

PimpMario

16 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I enjoy the crap out of you, also!  I have lived through the scares of global cooling (the coming Ice Age scare of the 1970's), world starvation, Nuclear devastation, AIDS, MERS, SARS, bird flu, swine flu, Y2K, ebola, and today's global climate change where Bernie Sanders just said today we only have 8 years to make a change or we all will die.  Can you see why I'm a bit skeptic of this latest "crisis"?  I've never buried my head in the sand.  However, I will never yell "Fire" in a crowded theater.  

Reality checks are in the eye of the beholder.

You even lived through a time when Hampton lost 9 out of 11 to the school to their north, must have been dark times indeed...

8 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

To piggy back on this, at least where I am located, a Dr. requests the test. A consult is then made to an infectious disease MD. If they agree a test is required a call is made to the CDC. The CDC then makes the final call if the test should be administered. No red tape at all.

Maybe this will sound stupid - but seriously just want to be sure what your last sentence is intended to mean.   Do you honestly consider that "no red tape" or was that an ironic statement?  Sounds like alot of red tape to me - but I am not in the health care business so not sure what those in the industry view as "red tape".

14 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

We had a bunch of illnesses earlier with the team. Did the coach finally catch that at an extremely inopportune time?

Does it matter, though, because some self-righteous douchebag national media reporter has proclaimed it to be the height of irresponsibility, and therefore Nebraska should probably be kicked out of the NCAA, and possibly that the state should be kicked out of the country.

4 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

Maybe this will sound stupid - but seriously just want to be sure what your last sentence is intended to mean.   Do you honestly consider that "no red tape" or was that an ironic statement?  Sounds like alot of red tape to me - but I am not in the health care business so not sure what those in the industry view as "red tape".

Irony. Lots of Irony. 

11 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Given how today has gone this feels like the old 'doctor telling you that you have heartburn' TV trope.

Great to get confirmation that the entire team isn't going to end up in quarantine.

Also, Influenza A isn't the common cold but whatever!

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Who is blasting Fred?

I know Rob Dausler was saying it was irresponsible to let him coach and now that we know he had flu and he knew that he had the flu before he coached the game it's a pretty valid argument because this is also a contagious disease.

While I'm sure people on twitter were agreeing with this I am not seeing where Steven Q Media was "blasting Fred".  I've seen people complaining about people blasting Fred on twitter and here...just not the actual blasting though maybe it's just because it didn't show up on my timeline.  Who specifically is saying this?  

3 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I know Rob Dausler was saying it was irresponsible to let him coach and now that we know he had flu and he knew that he had the flu before he coached the game it's a pretty valid argument because this is also a contagious disease.

While I'm sure people on twitter were agreeing with this I am not seeing where Steven Q Media was "blasting Fred".  I've seen people complaining about people blasting Fred on twitter and here...just not the actual blasting though maybe it's just because it didn't show up on my timeline.  Who specifically is saying this?  

Fred has the common cold. It was entirely blown up to being a very big deal by a ton of twits tonight.