uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 32 - Big Ten Tournament vs. Indiana

uneblinstu

The end of a surreal game brings the end of a really rough year. I hope coach is ok. But if he ends up having COVID-19, it could be the end of college basketball for the year.

I thought the guys played well for about 15 minutes and then Indiana wore them down. A little fight in the second half was good to see, but the season is mercifully over. 

It was fun to see the football players get in the game. I hope we never have to see that again unless they're legit players for both teams.

But for now, that is a wrap for this year. On to brighter days.

I'm proud of the fellas. They fought the good fight, and Kevin Cross especially had lift on his shots while the others clearly did not. The team was exhausted, and a dude like Thor has been for quite a while; I even saw Thorbjarnarson get kind of testy after he was getting mugged repeatedly. He gave it all he had tonight, but it wasn't going to be enough. And, I'll just say this: Indiana might be more talented, but I do not respect a lot of their complaining & outright hacking of our guys when the refs swallowed the whistle tonight. It's over, but it's not the end. Get well soon, Coach Hoiberg. Please pass along HHC's best wishes, @Kent Pavelka. GBR

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'm proud of the fellas. They fought the good fight, and Kevin Cross especially had lift on his shots while the others clearly did not. The team was exhausted, and a dude like Thor has been for quite a while; I even saw Thorbjarnarson get kind of testy after he was getting mugged repeatedly. He gave it all he had tonight, but it wasn't going to be enough. And, I'll just say this: Indiana might be more talented, but I do not respect a lot of their complaining & outright hacking of our guys when the refs swallowed the whistle tonight. It's over, but it's not the end. Get well soon, Coach Hoiberg. Please pass along HHC's best wishes, @Kent Pavelka. GBR

Hear, Hear!  And I think Fred Hoiberg will find a way to overcome all the short-shrift the Huskers have been getting from the 'Stripes' since joining the Big Ten!