Nebraska (7-24) vs.Indiana (19-12) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, tcp said:

that's such a nut kicker. to play that hard and have a team that was phoning it in just wake up and say, "eff this. let's finish them". i feel for the guys, but we are just too outgunned. 

I don't think they were phoning it in.  I think Archie is a terrible coach.  There is no excuse to have that collection of talent, and be playing on Wednesday of the Big 10 tournament.

3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I don't think they were phoning it in.  I think Archie is a terrible coach.  There is no excuse to have that collection of talent, and be playing on Wednesday of the Big 10 tournament.

terrible coaches pile up bad losses during a season. this IU team has none. I saw a sloppy IU team most of the first half. Nevertheless, the talent is asserting itself now, whether it's coaching or the players is largely academic. they have better players.

At times we played very well.  Our shot selection became questionable late in the first half.  I like Arop’s Efforts on the boards.  If Yvan could learn to power to the basket he might have a couple hoops.  I can’t complain about the overall performance.  We are just outmanned and will probably get blown out in 2nd.

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

At times we played very well.  Our shot selection became questionable late in the first half.  I like Arop’s Efforts on the boards.  If Yvan could learn to power to the basket he might have a couple hoops.  I can’t complain about the overall performance.  We are just outmanned and will probably get blown out in 2nd.

It's as if, when Yvan starts to go up for a shot, he's really just 5-foot-7 and not 6-foot-8. At that point, he just looks so much shorter than the guys guarding him.