Postseason Hoops

2 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Nebraska should issue a statement that it will be declining all postseason opportunities out of health concern for their players. 

and to help put their suffering fanbase out of its misery. oh wait, that's the actual truth. sorry!

47 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Also, the Ivy League cancelled its tournament and Yale (men) and Princeton (women) get the automatic bid:

https://www.nhregister.com/colleges/article/Ivy-League-tournament-canceled-Yale-men-receive-15119860.php

I thought the ivy didn't have a tournament.  I thought they were the only conference that awarded their automatic spot to their regular season champion

25 minutes ago, tcp said:

with the WHO now issuing a "global pandemic" alert, expect more of this. most of the loot's in tv anyway, so they can play without crowds and maybe play an old sitcom laugh track in the background. 

I prefer just hearing the excessively loud sounds of squeaking shoes on the court.

37 minutes ago, tcp said:

with the WHO now issuing a "global pandemic" alert, expect more of this. most of the loot's in tv anyway, so they can play without crowds and maybe play an old sitcom laugh track in the background. 

It feels like this is a passive-aggressive critique aimed at Nebraska's play! 😀

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Just another reason why it was good we tanked this season to avoid having our first tournament win in front of no fans.  I can't imagine a more Nebrasketball scenario for us long suffering fans.  If this ever did happen while we were in the tournament, I could only hope they cameras would show Kent twerking at half court so we could all live vicariously through him!

55 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

All these cancellations and fan restrictions are unfortunate but absolutely the right call. 

Perhaps.  This isn't a perfect analogy, but the NCAA eliminating the crowds at all sites would be like the entire state of Florida cancelling all events in the state because of a cat 4 or 5 hurricane that is still several days away.  The forecasters have no idea what strength it will be if/when it hits land, where it will hit land, and there is still a decent chance it turns east and heads into the Atlantic Ocean.

Personally, I think the hysteria, to this point, has far overreached the threat level.  Just my two cents.