Dachon Burke

4 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Yes, if you try to keep the core. I think there were a few guys from this team that are good enough to be role players.

Guys(who played this year) I am excited about(if they are bought in)

Cam Mack- Cam is an emotional dude-- I actually appreciate his passion-- Just needs to mature a bit but I think he cares and wants to be successful.

Yvan Ouedraogo- Get him help and watch him flourish. I dont think he is a star but he can be a meaningful piece

Kevin Cross-Off the bench guy/ Needs another year to get his body right but I am actually a fan(at times)

Thor- I was down on Thor but I think he is a leader. He is an off the bench or 15-20 minute guy, but I like him as a piece.

I am not down on Akol or Charlie, I just dont think either fly of the page as guys who can help on a deeper team-- Akol showed flashes and I love Charlie hustle...

I still stand by the you need guys like Charlie and Akol for role players.  There are 13 schlorahips for 8-9 players.  You need players that accept role of playing 5-10 mins to 0 mins a night.  

4 minutes ago, coughunter said:

I still stand by the you need guys like Charlie and Akol for role players.  There are 13 schlorahips for 8-9 players.  You need players that accept role of playing 5-10 mins to 0 mins a night.  

Easley is a different story because I’m sure he knows his scholarship will likely be utilized elsewhere after the spring. Id be all for him staying but I think he has also proven he could land at a mid major school and get a free ride. 

Arop, I just don’t see it unless he develops his shot.  I don’t see much PT for him in the future which probably means he opts to transfer. 

4 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Easley is a different story because I’m sure he knows his scholarship will likely be utilized elsewhere after the spring. Id be all for him staying but I think he has also proven he could land at a mid major school and get a free ride. 

Arop, I just don’t see it unless he develops his shot.  I don’t see much PT for him in the future which probably means he opts to transfer. 

I get that but you still need players like that to stay around that understand the system and are content with their role.  You arent getting 13 3 or 4* players to play here or anywhere for that matter.  Majority will xfer to play more mins elsewhere.  2-3 decent players that can contribute if needed along with strong core is key in my opinion

If Burke plays for a coach who doesn't frown on the mid-range game and plays in a conference where you don't get shivved inside while the prison guards in striped shirts look the other way, he'll thrive.  At 170 lbs his game wasn't meant for the Big Ten.

(Players that haven't proven to be strong finishers that have the wrong jersey on them are allowed to get mugged, especially if they miss a few badly when they don't get fouled (i.e., Nebraska's entire team this year).  Proven players, especially with the right jersey on, are much more likely to get the calls, because the referees absolutely love to make the dramatic "and one" foul call.)

42 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Tried to put a positive on it.

I hear ya. There will be a lot of movement, and after 7 wins, we might as well just go along for the ride and hope it’s better next year. I trust our coaches. I was thinking Sunday as I sat behind our bench that there is just too much experience, and too many good recruiters on our coaching staff for us to not improve significantly over the next few seasons.

3 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If Burke plays for a coach who doesn't frown on the mid-range game and plays in a conference where you don't get shivved inside while the prison guards in striped shirts look the other way, he'll thrive.  At 170 lbs his game wasn't meant for the Big Ten.

(Players that haven't proven to be strong finishers that have the wrong jersey on them are allowed to get mugged, especially if they miss a few badly when they don't get fouled (i.e., Nebraska's entire team this year).  Proven players, especially with the right jersey on, are much more likely to get the calls, because the referees absolutely love to make the dramatic "and one" foul call.)

Yeah, I've mentioned that numerous times about Burke playing at 170# -- I hope he can continue playing ball, he appears to be concentrating on graduation so he has the potential to play another season elsewhere, right away. I do not get the sense that Dachon will be back in Lincoln next fall.

5 hours ago, _young1 said:

Usually these letters end with something about transferring or continuing basketball career elsewhere.  I do not see that in here.  I see an apology and a player saying he’s going to focus on academics for the remaining year.  I don’t think he has closed the door on Nebraska Basketball.... I don’t think this story is over yet. 

Hes gone.  You dont say screw you to your teammates for one more game and come back.  I assume he was told he was done.  Makes no sense, you cant play one more game to focus on academics?  PR move to save face. 

7 hours ago, Vinny said:

I hear ya. There will be a lot of movement, and after 7 wins, we might as well just go along for the ride and hope it’s better next year. I trust our coaches. I was thinking Sunday as I sat behind our bench that there is just too much experience, and too many good recruiters on our coaching staff for us to not improve significantly over the next few seasons.

Agree

11 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I don’t get why people think Easley will leave. He came to Nebraska knowing he was paying his own way and it would take time to earn PT. The PT came much faster and he only paid 1 semester. I would bet he gives it at least 1-2 more years to see what happens, unless he does like Fred which would shock me.

I don’t think Akol’s shot is his problem, it is actually decent. He just does not seem to understand playing on the wing, movement, passing, ball handling, etc are bigger issues. Probably take a couple more years to figure it out since he has always played the 5. I am good with him staying longer. We will have enough open spots already

17 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Cliff notes?

"It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times."

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, that's what the NCAA Transfer Portal is all about."

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better place that I go to than I have ever known.”

"It matters not what someone is born, but where they transfer to."