Markowski Lincoln Pius X

Bugeaters1

Ha I was just reading into this. Sounds like she picked sdsu before any one really had a chance to offer. It said she was getting interest from Creighton Nebraska USC and iowa state. And had volleyball interest from Creighton and iowa state as well. 

I was just thinking I really kind of like this girl. She is Nebraska tuff. Sdsu is getting a good one. 

1 hour ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Ha I was just reading into this. Sounds like she picked sdsu before any one really had a chance to offer. It said she was getting interest from Creighton Nebraska USC and iowa state. And had volleyball interest from Creighton and iowa state as well. 

I was just thinking I really kind of like this girl. She is Nebraska tuff. Sdsu is getting a good one. 

And her dad played at the U.

8 hours ago, Tom Jones said:

perhaps because SDSU is  22-9 and in second place in their league

and, this may be one of AJ's best coaching performances. been rather injury plagued this season. had to revamp starting lineup. number of players seeing far more minutes than predicted. for the most part, they handled the summit schedule rather easily except for usd. defense has been pretty doggone good. i really expected them to have more conference losses than they did. 3 i believe? still a number of minny fans that wish the "u" would have pursued him instead of whalen. he is from just outside of the twin cities. 

On 3/8/2020 at 5:25 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

and, this may be one of AJ's best coaching performances. been rather injury plagued this season. had to revamp starting lineup. number of players seeing far more minutes than predicted. for the most part, they handled the summit schedule rather easily except for usd. defense has been pretty doggone good. i really expected them to have more conference losses than they did. 3 i believe? still a number of minny fans that wish the "u" would have pursued him instead of whalen. he is from just outside of the twin cities. 

I see the Coyotes and the Jackrabbits play today at 1:00 on ESPNU.   Could be entertaining.

2 hours ago, 12dozen said:

I see the Coyotes and the Jackrabbits play today at 1:00 on ESPNU.   Could be entertaining.

this year, it's the Coyotes to lose.........defeated jacks both times they played. not sure jacks could even pull the upset if they were healthy. usd's year.

i would have to believe someone will come calling for usd's coach after the season is over. no idea what her coaching goals are and how she feels about staying in Vermillion, but....$$$ might lift her eyebrows. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

I would like to see USD defeat the Jacks 3 times this season, but that’s a tall order.  Jacks have everything to gain and nothing to lose in this game and being an in-state rival makes it a tough game anyway.   Looks like Duffy is having an off game which I’m sure is the Jacks game plan.   And hindsight is 20/20 - we should have kept RCJ.  However, it worked out well for her.  Played for conference championships and NCAA berth each year.   Wish I could say the same for the Huskers.

Edited by huskerchode

both teams benefited from transfers---SDSU has RCJ from huskers and Larsen from Iowa. USD's Sverjen from New Mexico which was a huge get for them. heckuva game plan by AJ and players carried it out quite well---just came up short. 

can anyone refresh my memory with RCJ? did she decide to leave on her own or did coach encourage her? or does anyone really know?

Edited by whoopdeedoo

5 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

both teams benefited from transfers---SDSU has RCJ from huskers and Larsen from Iowa. USD's Sverjen from New Mexico which was a huge get for them. heckuva game plan by AJ and players carried it out quite well---just came up short. 

can anyone refresh my memory with RCJ? did she decide to leave on her own or did coach encourage her? or does anyone really know?

I don’t know for sure but wasn’t she a walk-on for us?  I’m assuming she wasn’t offered a schollie after the first year but maybe someone else has some other information.

That game was a battle and I’m very happy the Yotes came out on top.  Missed too many free throws at the end though.  I think all 5 starters were in double digits.

38 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

I don’t know for sure but wasn’t she a walk-on for us?  I’m assuming she wasn’t offered a schollie after the first year but maybe someone else has some other information.

That game was a battle and I’m very happy the Yotes came out on top.  Missed too many free throws at the end though.  I think all 5 starters were in double digits.

yes, now that you mention it. gonna guess she went for the scholarship. she mentioned playing at nebraska in a recent interview and had nothing but good things to say, but, also stated she was very happy with her decision to attend SDSU.

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

I think it was a mutal thing, If I remember right. I read an article about RCJ, and IIRC it was stated that both thought it was better for her to move on.

3 hours ago, huskerchode said:

Yes RJC was a walkon. When Williams came to Nebraska RCJ followed her.

3 hours ago, huskerchode said:

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

yes, now that you mention it. gonna guess she went for the scholarship. she mentioned playing at nebraska in a recent interview and had nothing but good things to say, but, also stated she was very happy with her decision to attend SDSU.

IIRC, Coach Amy Williams originally recruited RCJ to SD, then reluctantly brought her along with her to Nebraska when she was hired, because RCJ had asked to come; but then never offered RCJ a scholarship.   If I recall correctly, I believe the thinking was that while RCJ was good, she was not 'Big Ten' good, nor did she seem to particularly stand out during her season as a Husker.  (https://twitter.com/RobinWashut/status/1237450634607067138?s=20Sorry,  https://twitter.com/RobinWashut/status/1237450634607067138?s=20:Redface:  I'm not trying to be judgemental here; that is just my recollection of the 'Board Talk' at that time)

Edited by Red Don

Just now, Red Don said:

IIRC, Coach Amy Williams originally recruited RCJ to SD, then reluctantly brought her along with her to Nebraska when she was hired, because RCJ had asked to come; but then never offered RCJ a scholarship.

She was one of two Jacks to make the Summit League all tourney team.  The remaining three were Yotes.

She did multiple visits to NU and I believe she could have been a Husker if she’d waited it out or wanted to come here bad enough. Her dads a Husker, she lives in Lincoln...it would be hard not to play here but SDSU is trending in the right direction.  NU is on shaky ground 

Edited by Omahusker