uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 30 - at Michigan

29 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

For someone who watched, Arop look good? He had a decent stat line. Season high in minutes too. 

Define good.

I think he looked athletic but very raw.   Probably should've seen some more time this year but it what it is.   I'm probably in the minority though in not wanting him to move on.   I'd rather see Green and Cross go before him.   I think he's (Arop) a guy that will never be a scorer for you but in a year or two with some development can be an incredible role player for 12-15 minutes a game because he can play the 3 or 4 and you'll get some elite length and athleticsm out of him which gives you a nice variable to use on the glass and defensively.

16 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I about blew a gasket when that happened considering they called Nebraska for stepping over the endline while inbounding at some other point in the game.  The Stooge doesn't even look like he's watching, but they sure kept a close eye on Nebraska.

There was another play late in the game when one of Michigan's scrub big guys got the ball in the lane and made a move that resulted in a blatant travel.  The Stooge on the baseline hesitated to blow the whistle for a long time, but eventually did when his pea-brain processed how bad the travel was and that he really couldn't let it go.

8 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Define good.

I think he looked athletic but very raw.   Probably should've seen some more time this year but it what it is.   I'm probably in the minority though in not wanting him to move on.   I'd rather see Green and Cross go before him.   I think he's (Arop) a guy that will never be a scorer for you but in a year or two with some development can be an incredible role player for 12-15 minutes a game because he can play the 3 or 4 and you'll get some elite length and athleticsm out of him which gives you a nice variable to use on the glass and defensively.

This is 100% where I'm at too. Arop isn't a scorer but he's a guy who can defend multiple positions and when he bulks up he can guard some 5s. 

Cross I'm not seeing a path to come back. He's shooting 30-something%  from the field. Being in his natural 4 position might help. But there's also competition there, two juniors 

3 hours ago, Klas3131 said:

They haven't finished these games, but they played hard to get those leads.

On senior day, the Goofers will pound our Cornhuskers.  Lots of frustration will be taken out on Fred's boys.  As in most of the last 15 losses, NU will keep in close at the half, then get blown out in the 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd half.  They'll put together a little streak to get the game back to 10-15 points, then get mauled again and lose by 20 pts.  Rinse, lather, repeat.  Overall, they've kept fighting during the streak but are just completely outmanned.  However, I am concerned about the "halftime adjustments".  Why do they get run out of the gym most of the time in those 1st 5 minutes of the 2nd half?  Talk about annoying....

Our opponents halftime adjustments are usually a reminder to their players that they’re WAY taller than we are & they start pounding the ball inside. Carr & Orturo (sp?) will be a handful, but never underestimate the Gophers ability to “spit the bit”...

9 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

That game is a win-win for us.

If we win, we win.

If we lose, it's more likely that Richard Pitino will remain the coach.

Young Richard was VERY testy at his presser yesterday when asked about his job security. Trotted out the usual excuses for their middling record, tough schedule, injuries, then said “no other B1G team had the roster turnover we had.” Hey Ricky, Fred brought back ONE player...!

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Young Richard was VERY testy at his presser yesterday when asked about his job security. Trotted out the usual excuses for their middling record, tough schedule, injuries, then said “no other B1G team had the roster turnover we had.” Hey Ricky, Fred brought back ONE player...!

Richard has had some success at Minny. If they fire him then they deserve what they get. 

23 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Richard has had some success at Minny. If they fire him then they deserve what they get. 

NCAA tournament 2 of the last 3 years, but the U of M has a WILDLY inflated opinion of their program & always thinks they can do better... (I was a Mpls resident for 25 years & witnessed it first hand)

10 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

NCAA tournament 2 of the last 3 years, but the U of M has a WILDLY inflated opinion of their program & always thinks they can do better... (I was a Mpls resident for 25 years & witnessed it first hand)

Plus they are a much better team than people give credit for.    The Big Ten was just a beast.    They’d be a top 5 Big 12 or Big East team this year.    
He’ll it took back to back last second losses in the last 10 days to eliminate them 

12 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Plus they are a much better team than people give credit for.    The Big Ten was just a beast.    They’d be a top 5 Big 12 or Big East team this year.    
He’ll it took back to back last second losses in the last 10 days to eliminate them 

They have no Q1 wins outside the BIG and only one Q2 win outside the BIG. They're O-2 against the BE, including a home loss to the last place team, and 0-1 against the B12. Four of their 5 Q1 wins were home games in conference. 

I'd say they're exactly what they're given credit for: a team with a losing record, although against a tough schedule.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, khoock said:

Cant see it at all? His court vision, passing ability, and quickness are pretty damn close to being NBA caliber. 

Yes, he is lacking size and shooting. But if he had both of those hes a lottery pick and he'd be completing his sophomore campaign in the NBA not in college lol.

If he chooses to put in the work he has the skill set, ability, and resources to become that type of player.

Not many 6 footish 150 poundish PG's in the NBA that has gone thru a season with four suspensions, struggles finishing at the rim, struggles with the three point shot, struggles defending, struggles at the free throw line and drops his head with angst when things go wrong.

Yes, he is quick, yes he protects the rock with good handles and makes sweet passes.  But when you look at NBA point guards, they have few if any flaws .  They are elite.   

6 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not many 6 footish 150 poundish PG's in the NBA that has gone thru a season with four suspensions, struggles finishing at the rim, struggles with the three point shot, struggles defending, struggles at the free throw line and drops his head with angst when things go wrong.

Yes, he is quick, yes he protects the rock with good handles and makes sweet passes.  But when you look at NBA point guards, they have few if any flaws .  They are elite.   

After this post, I will not be commenting on it anymore bc my point is not getting across whether it be my own fault or others not comprehending what im saying.

I am not saying Cam Mack is an NBA player right now. I mentioned how he needs to bulk up a bit and work on his shooting. But he has attribites that are very appealing to NBA scouts (quickness, passing, and vision). If, I even said its a big IF, he works on the things above he could be a second rounder next year. 

Second rounders arent sure fire bets to ever step on the court, let alone be stars. 

I feel like a lot of the negativity Mack is getting is simply from the fact the his actions and immaturity are hurting a team we love.

Feel free to disagree! GBR

Edited by khoock