uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 30 - at Michigan

1 minute ago, tcp said:

this train's going to take some serious crane power to get back on the track. no quick fix a la ISU on this bad boy. 

Are any of the guys we're bringing in going to be future NBA players? We just need one of those guys to hit

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Are any of the guys we're bringing in going to be future NBA players? We just need one of those guys to hit

nobody guaranteed to be.

teddy seems to be the best all around player based on what he's doing in juco right now. he just scored 50 in a playoff game. 

banton has an nba body, but it remains to be seen what his skill is.

cam has nba speed and passing, but his scoring and consistency is not great.

y'van being 17 has potential, but is at least 2 years away.

thor will probably be a pro overseas.

Edited by FredsSlacks

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

i personally don't see anyone with any more potential than the 3 close calls we just had, and nobody on the active roster now is even close. 

the thing about the B1G is that the top half teams all seem to have 1 or 2 marginal NBA talents plus a G-league or 2 candidate. 

It's a brutal conference to compete in, no doubt, and recruiting to win in it has to be terrifying to even a good coach. 

I'm down on this team, but I think Hoiberg's a solid coach. But Wooden couldn't win with these guys. 

2 hours ago, tcp said:

this train's going to take some serious crane power to get back on the track. no quick fix a la ISU on this bad boy. 

Almost all D1 basketball fixes are quick if they are personnel based.  We will have significantly better and more talent next year.  ISU has a prior standard Fred returned it to.  We’ll be back to mediocrity at minimum next year, but I expect a plus .500 season and post season play. 

I

Just now, LK1 said:

Almost all D1 basketball fixes are quick if they are personnel based.  We will have significantly better and more talent next year.  ISU has a prior standard Fred returned it to.  We’ll be back to mediocrity at minimum next year, but I expect a plus .500 season and post season play. 

.500 guarantees the NIT

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I think Minnesota’s packed it in for the year & knows little Ricky will be sent on his way. This could be our lone road win on the way to Indy...!

Oturo will be a load we cannot handle.  Even uninspired, the Gophers will be too much for us to overcome.  

9 hours ago, tcp said:

i personally don't see anyone with any more potential than the 3 close calls we just had, and nobody on the active roster now is even close. 

the thing about the B1G is that the top half teams all seem to have 1 or 2 marginal NBA talents plus a G-league or 2 candidate. 

To be fair, Palmer and Cope were both 5 year guys so they were a much more finished product.

I could see Dalano Banton/Teddy Allen both being equal to or better than James Palmer/Isaac Copeland by the end of their careers.

Mack could be a second rounder next year if he keeps his head on straight and goes to work. I believe the staff or someone close to the program has stated Banton has first round potential. And Teddy Allen gets buckets and will atleast find his way onto a summer league team or G-League team post college... again, if he can keep his head on straight.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

To be fair, Palmer and Cope were both 5 year guys so they were a much more finished product.

I could see Dalano Banton/Teddy Allen both being equal to or better than James Palmer/Isaac Copeland by the end of their careers.

Mack could be a second rounder next year if he keeps his head on straight and goes to work. I believe the staff or someone close to the program has stated Banton has first round potential. And Teddy Allen gets buckets and will atleast find his way onto a summer league team or G-League team post college... again, if he can keep his head on straight.

You'll be a second round pick at the same time Mack is. 

10 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I think Minnesota’s packed it in for the year & knows little Ricky will be sent on his way. This could be our lone road win on the way to Indy...!

You must not have been watching Minnesota's games.   They aren't even close to packing it in.   They give great effort, they just struggle to close out games.   Oturo is simply an outstanding player.  

13 minutes ago, HB said:

You'll be a second round pick at the same time Mack is. 

He has the potential to get drafted. Anyone who watches can see it. Whether or not he becomes one is solely on him. If he doesn't, it wont be from lack of opportunity or because of physical ability.