Cam Mack suspended again...

bkamler

Guess the lure of the NBA is too much for him to do the right thing.

However he was on the honor roll for the first semester so he does do some things correctly.

Also if he is getting paid like I have read on this site, then I want some of that money back because he isn't full filling his contract.😑

Edited by Silverbacked1

21 year old glynn watson had a statistically better season than 21 year old cam mack is having this year.

i would not be mad if cam decides to leave. he has potential, but he's been really bad for team chemistry.

if i'm fred, i'd be trying to get donovan williams back and try to put a 2021 back court of donovan,hunter, and teddy. that's a team we could all get behind and would be one of the most talented backcourts we've ever had.

5 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

21 year old glynn watson had a statistically better season than 21 year old cam mack is having this year.

i would not be mad if cam decides to leave. he has potential, but he's been really bad for team chemistry.

if i'm fred, i'd be trying to get donovan williams back and try to put a 2021 back court of donovan,hunter, and teddy. that's a team we could all get behind and would be one of the most talented backcourts we've ever had.

I agree on Donovan, but I believe the ship has long sailed on that

8 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

"How do you get the boys to come back to the farm when they have seen gay Paris" (ok,  )Lawrence🤔

15 minutes ago, unl said:

I am fascinated by who is probably back no matter what, who is probably gone no matter what, and the handful of guys who are in between those categories. 

Guys I would keep for next year if they're willing to stay:

• Yvan as a backup big project
  • Thor as a backup guard (maybe 10 minutes a game)
  • Burke as a backup guard (maybe 10 minutes a game)
  • Arop as a bench and practice player with the promise that he could develop further
  • Easley as a walk-on bench and practice player
  • Piatkowski as a walk-on bench and practice player
  • Porter as a walk-on bench and practice player

We already have six rotation guys sitting out/coming in:

• Banton
  • King
  • Allen
  • Stevenson
  • Walker
  • Mayen

Say goodbye to:

• Mack (wherever someone wants him)
  • Green (Metro State in Denver would be a good fit)
  • Cross (Arkansas State or another Sun Belt-type program)

Find:

• A ball-handler
  • A shooter
  • A big

Edited by jayschool

It's not really a "defense" of Mack, but as a notorious late-bloomer myself, sometimes it takes a little longer for the right switches to flip into the "on" position for some folks. Cam's still pretty young, so there's time for him to turn things around. JUCO guys, no matter how good they are at that level, are rarely high end Div 1 players in the longer run. And the adjustment has to be brutal for guys with expectations like Cam had. 

Hopefully he gets some maturing done in the offseason as well as re-calibrating his sense of place in things. I always hope our players have a good experience playing in Husker red. 

33 minutes ago, tcp said:

It's not really a "defense" of Mack, but as a notorious late-bloomer myself, sometimes it takes a little longer for the right switches to flip into the "on" position for some folks. Cam's still pretty young, so there's time for him to turn things around. JUCO guys, no matter how good they are at that level, are rarely high end Div 1 players in the longer run. And the adjustment has to be brutal for guys with expectations like Cam had. 

Hopefully he gets some maturing done in the offseason as well as re-calibrating his sense of place in things. I always hope our players have a good experience playing in Husker red. 

he's acting bigger than the team when he's a g-leaguer at best right now and isn't respecting his coach who played in the nba for 10 years and coached for 4.

it would be silly for cam to leave with no other point guards on our roster, but at this point does fred want to deal with the off court issues and his on court demeanor?

Edited by FredsSlacks

I don't necessarily like the 'difficulty' that comes along with Mack but I don't really understand where people are cutting bait with him now given that this is no new development. 

Typically the most visible adjustment from Juco to D-1 is play on the court.  For Mack, it appears to be off the court. FWIW it's not in the classroom. The guy who everyone thinks is going to drop out of school to go pro made the honor roll. It's not so much about effort with Mack as it's just him wanting to do what he wants to do it seems.   

At some point the amount of talent you have is not enough for people to put up with certain levels of crap and he has breached those levels multiple times this year. I very much don't think he's broken the dam though.  He absolutely needs to declare for the NBA and see if any teams will work him out so that maybe he appreciates the sort of professionalism that is expected of him is important for his future and not some sort of childish game to play.

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't necessarily like the 'difficulty' that comes along with Mack but I don't really understand where people are cutting bait with him now given that this is no new development. 

Typically the most visible adjustment from Juco to D-1 is play on the court.  For Mack, it appears to be off the court. FWIW it's not in the classroom. The guy who everyone thinks is going to drop out of school to go pro made the honor roll. It's not so much about effort with Mack as it's just him wanting to do what he wants to do it seems.   

At some point the amount of talent you have is not enough for people to put up with certain levels of crap and he has breached those levels multiple times this year. I very much don't think he's broken the dam though.  He absolutely needs to declare for the NBA and see if any teams will work him out so that maybe he appreciates the sort of professionalism that is expected of him is important for his future and not some sort of childish game to play.

Would like more than once if i could lol

11 hours ago, jayschool said:

Guys I would keep for next year if they're willing to stay:

• Yvan as a backup big project
  • Thor as a backup guard (maybe 10 minutes a game)
  • Burke as a backup guard (maybe 10 minutes a game)
  • Arop as a bench and practice player with the promise that he could develop further
  • Easley as a walk-on bench and practice player
  • Piatkowski as a walk-on bench and practice player
  • Porter as a walk-on bench and practice player

We already have six rotation guys sitting out/coming in:

• Banton
  • King
  • Allen
  • Stevenson
  • Walker
  • Mayen

Say goodbye to:

• Mack (wherever someone wants him)
  • Green (Metro State in Denver would be a good fit)
  • Cross (Arkansas State or another Sun Belt-type program)

Find:

• A ball-handler
  • A shooter
  • A big

Right now, I think Cam Mack would be the only player on the current roster that would start next year. I think Dachon Burke, Thorir Thorbjarnarson, and Yvan Ouedraogo could all be 10-20 MPG rotation guys. 

Not that the others cant develop, but as of right now I dont see them being in the conversation for playing time.

Ps i am also hoping Akol Arop sticks around atleast for another year.