Cam Mack suspended again...

bkamler

30 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Does it really matter?  These guys were on a team that won 7 games and honestly they may have potential, but arent game changers.  If this was a bubble team than maybe but at this point its no loss in my opionion.

Agree on Green and Burke. Disagree on Mack. He is a top level PG, but obviously might be addition by subtraction at this point considering all the issues he has had.

It will be interesting to see how these end of the season meetings go.

7 minutes ago, khoock said:

Agree on Green and Burke. Disagree on Mack. He is a top level PG, but obviously might be addition by subtraction at this point considering all the issues he has had.

It will be interesting to see how these end of the season meetings go.

Is Mack really that big of a loss in all reality? Yeah he has flashes and potential but is an avg shooter, horrible ft shooter, good passer, lots of drama.  What player misses 5 games on different occasions and stays on a team? 

8 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Is Mack really that big of a loss in all reality? Yeah he has flashes and potential but is an avg shooter, horrible ft shooter, good passer, lots of drama.  What player misses 5 games on different occasions and stays on a team? 

Agree. At some point we will have to cut our losses. He could be a really good player but it's not like we will be missing out on a lottery pick.

5 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I'm willing to give him a chance but I'm afraid we will see some of the same stuff from Teddy Allen next year. 

I had a discussion with my dad about this and I don't think so. His history speaks for itself but he's older for one, he's going to be closer to boy's town which is a big deal to him, and Fred didn't really have a choice but to take Mack in with their PG situation coming into the year, Teddy he had a choice to take him in or not. I ultimately trust Fred's judgement here, if he or Matt A thought it wouldn't work out they would've cut bait by now in my eyes

Edited by thrasher31

34 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Well if we had an average team even he probably sets the program record for single season assists this year. I think he likely won’t be here next year too with his most recent issues. Really starting to think although next years team will be better it’s still not gonna be even an NCAA bubble team. 

13 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Absolutely untrue. We very much could have rolled with MAW who looks at least serviceable at Cincy this year

I'd have to look at the timeline for that. Forgot about MAW, but I believe they cut bait early after Fred was hired. 

Just checked. MAW decommited on the 4th of April, about a week after Fred was hired on. Whether or not that was Fred's doing or not is up for debate. Cam didn't decommit from SJU until the 6th, and didn't commit here until later that month. Would've loved to have MAW, I was a big of fan of his as any, but Fred saw something different.

Also took in Samari as sort of a backup to Mack, and we saw how that went. It lasted barely 2 months. 

Edited by thrasher31

4 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

I had a discussion with my dad about this and I don't think so. His history speaks for itself but he's older for one, he's going to be closer to boy's town which is a big deal to him, and Fred didn't really have a choice but to take Mack in with their PG situation coming into the year, Teddy he had a choice to take him in or not. I ultimately trust Fred's judgement here, if he or Matt A thought it wouldn't work out they would've cut bait by now in my eyes

Sounds good. Hope it works out. 

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Seems doubtful Fred Hoiberg & Co. has given up on Cam Mack. I think that if that were the case (i.e. "giving up"), Mack would already be gone.

I agreed with this... prior to today.  No way Fred was going to send Mack packing wile the team was in Minny though.  Season will be over in less than a week and I’ll be interested to see what happens then.

27 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Mack was chirping back at fans on twitter but has since deleted or told to delete the tweets.  Not a good look

At some point you just have to learn.  It’s unfortunate because there is so much talent there.  Were people tweeting directly at him on Twitter?  That isn’t right but still Cam has to take the high road.  After being suspended twice, I thought he would be a golden child and not even put a toe out of line.  Again this last Thursday I figured he’d finally get it turned around.  I seriously hope he does get it turned around, but I doubt that it’ll be here.

Edited by hskr4life

7 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

Whether or not that was Fred's doing or not is up for debate.

We went and visited everyone but MAW so not really debatable. It's fine if we didn't think MAW was going to be our guy here and eventually got Mack but to say that we 'had to take Mack' is absurd as he would have been Matt A's PG at St Johns if he was still there.

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

We went and visited everyone but MAW so not really debatable. It's fine if we didn't think MAW was going to be our guy here and eventually got Mack but to say that we 'had to take Mack' is absurd as he would have been Matt A's PG at St Johns if he was still there.

Which is completely fair, I was implying that there weren't many options at that point in time after MAW left, Mack was the most logical guy to run PG for us this year. I see what you're saying though completely

33 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

At some point you just have to learn.  It’s unfortunate because there is so much talent there.  Were people tweeting directly at him on Twitter?  That isn’t right but still Cam has to take the high road.  After being suspended twice, I thought he would be a golden child and not even put a toe out of line.  Again this last Thursday I figured he’d finally get it turned around.  I seriously hope he does get it turned around, but I doubt that it’ll be here.

His tweets were at people commenting on reporters tweets.  His twitter handle wasnt even included in peoples replies so he saw comments and fired back at people.