Nebraska (17-12) vs. Michigan (19-10) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Really going to miss #5. What a great player from day 1 to now. Always doing whatever the team needed to try and get that win. 

Aside from that, really enjoyed watching #4 and #34 tonight. I thought their play, at both ends, stood out from all of the other players on the court.

The Dilk girl from Michigan was a wisp last season and suddenly she's taking it to the hoop for an and1 in the paint? Those Michigan girls know where the weight room is. They looked strong and pushed people around to the point of it being embarrassing. 

Edited by hoop_head

So disappointed in this season. After the non-con games and then especially after beating Iowa (I dismissed Creighton as just an off night), I had my hopes up.  Keeping in mind all the close game losses in 18-19, I figured that the additional year of maturity, conditioning, familiarity with each other, and experience of the four sophs would turn close loses in into wins. But nope. Seems like, if there was any improvement, it was hidden by even greater improvement in the conference teams we played.  

In addition to #4 and #34, I thought that #13 did some good things yesterday, but overall this team was brought down by the same problems that plagued it in nearly all the conference season.  

In the last minute of the game, attempting to defend against UM inbounding the ball, I actually saw Kate actually jump!  Twice!!!   

Sadly, I don't see it getting any better next year. Losing #5 is going to hurt. I would say that #3 won't be as great a loss --- I would say this IF (really big IF) we had a more talented PG awaiting her turn. The incoming recruits seem to be "more of the same". Perhaps we get a nice surprise gift or two from the transfer market, but failing that it's gonna be another finish in the bottom half of the league.  Moos either settles for that or he tries yet another coaching change - meaning we wait three or four years to see if that works out any better. 

Having said all that ..... my fervent hope is that this team goes far in the NIT and proves me stupid! 

13 hours ago, Actualfacts1 said:

The worst rebounding team I've seen in a long time. Apparently Leigha and Izzy wanted to win. Nobody else gave a damn. Seniors definitely aren't playing like this could be their last game of their college careers. The effort is just so disappointing. It's been the same almost the entire second half of the season. Just sad.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sir,  your daughter's effort and performance on the court, has exceeded most, if not all on this roster, for several years.  It has been a joy to watch her compete for the Huskers.

Well done.

14 hours ago, mwm89 said:

One & Done in the B1G Tournament. 2019/20 Season is over! (unless Huskers receive a NIT Bid!)

According to Matt and Jeff they are likely to receive an NIT bid, and with a good chance of hosting.  We shall see.

Nebraska will await word on a 2020 Postseason WNIT bid, which will be announced late in the evening on Monday, March 16. If the Huskers are invited to the tournament, they could open tournament play as early as Wednesday, March 18 and could be set to host in the first round of the 64-team field at Pinnacle Bank Arena. 

5 hours ago, Actualfacts1 said:

Thank you so much. I've enjoyed all of you Husker faithful for the love and support. You guys are the reason we chose Nebraska 4 years ago

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes....

Watching Nicea play all these years has been great fun. Her enthusiasm, hard work, just plain consistent effort is the way it should be done. You can tell she's had the correct kind of guidance in her life, by her demeanor and actions.  It will serve her well. Actualfacts...it's been a pleasure to have her as a NU representative and student / athlete. Just hope you and Nicea have enjoyed it as well....nearly as much as we here.. have too.

Edited by redsteve