2020 PG Grad transfer Kobe Webster - Signed

10 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

“Just give me all the Transfer Kobes you have… Wait. Wait…”

hqdefault.jpg

“I’m worried what you just heard was give me a Transfer Kobe. What I said was give me all the Transfer Kobes you have.”

maxresdefault.jpg

Ron Swanson is a National Treasure!  I have the whole series of Parks and Rec ready to go when I retire.

55 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

“Just give me all the Transfer Kobes you have… Wait. Wait…”

hqdefault.jpg

“I’m worried what you just heard was give me a Transfer Kobe. What I said was give me all the Transfer Kobes you have.”

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't get out-Kobe'd if you have all the Kobes on your team.

gif

34 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

We need knock down shooters to go with what we have coming. Will trust coaches but only 1 of 3 years over 40% 3pt %

He probably won't end up at Nebraska but there would be a good chance he'd hit over 40% here because he wouldn't be the focal point of the offense here.

15 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I can just hear Kent saying "Kobe passes to Kobe, back to Kobe, Kobe shoots, rebound by Kobe, out to Kobe for a 3, BANG-A-RANG!"

One of Kent's best lines was during the free throw drought Sunday.  We finally made one.  Kent dryly tells Jake he should have done a bang-a-rang call on the make. 

12 hours ago, Jugular said:

How good is he? Those Western Illinois teams were terrible

You can put a lot of the terrible on the former coach. They ran a lot of iso ball and shot a lot of mid-range. Webster's numbers would probably look better in a better system as many of the shots he created for himself.

Offensively he looks like he fits what we want to do: he can distribute the ball, isn't turnover prone, above average shooter, very quick.

No idea defensively.

Looks real attractive if we need a new starting PG next year.

Even if that just translates to 10 per and decent assists with average defense, having a point guard without the crap attitude will be a wash at the very least.

Banton, Stephenson, etc.  Will be where this team improves.   Also cross and oeudrago could take big steps forward this summer.

To me, at worst he's warm body solid depth.  At best he's a huge chemistry improvement with similar numbers.  Heck, did mack even play defense?

Matt Mooney put up good numbers while on some ok USD teams (had more help than Webster does at WIU) in the Summit League. Transferred to Texas Tech, and helped take them over the top last year. If it’s between him and Whitt I’d take Whitt. But I think he could be a nice piece to next year’s puzzle at guard.

5 hours ago, rwhiston said:

Matt Mooney put up good numbers while on some ok USD teams (had more help than Webster does at WIU) in the Summit League. Transferred to Texas Tech, and helped take them over the top last year. If it’s between him and Whitt I’d take Whitt. But I think he could be a nice piece to next year’s puzzle at guard.

Mooney was an alpha and those USD teams were better than OK. And he was coached very well. Much different than WIU from what it sounds. 

I hope this kid is great if he comes here. But I agree with you—I’d much rather have Whitt.

6 hours ago, kleitus said:

Even if that just translates to 10 per and decent assists with average defense, having a point guard without the crap attitude will be a wash at the very least.

Banton, Stephenson, etc.  Will be where this team improves.   Also cross and oeudrago could take big steps forward this summer.

To me, at worst he's warm body solid depth.  At best he's a huge chemistry improvement with similar numbers.  Heck, did mack even play defense?

I hope I’m wrong on Cross but I’m praying we recruit over him. Unless he takes monumental strides, we arent going To go very far if he’s a starter or main contributor