Omaha Big Red Roundball Club

2 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

I live in Omaha, but I haven't heard of this "Big Red Roundball" club. What is Shatel referencing in the excerpt below?

Shonsey runs a group of Husker hoops supporters in Omaha called “Big Red Roundball.” He said the group is still getting 70 members to meetings, where the coaches speak.

From the OWH

Found info that they meet the first Thurs. of each month. Have heard references to this group in the past, namely during Tim Miles era.

6 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Found info that they meet the first Thurs. of each month. Have heard references to this group in the past, namely during Tim Miles era.

It’s not monthly. This year was 3 times during the season. Doc spoke at 2 of them. This year was pretty boring. Not anywhere near as fun or informative as when the previous staff did it. 

23 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

I live in Omaha, but I haven't heard of this "Big Red Roundball" club. What is Shatel referencing in the excerpt below?

Shonsey runs a group of Husker hoops supporters in Omaha called “Big Red Roundball.” He said the group is still getting 70 members to meetings, where the coaches speak.

From the OWH

Miss the lunches the rebounders club had when Doc was coaching. 

19 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Curious as well @Jugular

Not private if you pay the annual fee. Dinner included, not open bar. 

There was no pattern on dates, even when Tim was doing them. They were on Thursdays but it was based on the coaches schedules. I think there were a couple times we had 2 in one month and multiple times we skipped a month. When Tim was doing them, we typically had 4 during the season. We had 3 this year. 

14 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Info I had found was in the "Nebrasketball" book, which said the club meetings were on Thursdays, once a month, at the Shadow Ridge Country Club.

So, I guess author Scott Winter summarized that bit of information severely.

For writing purposes, that was probably the easiest way of saying it. Tim’s group really did a fantastic job with these.