Best transfers

jimmykc

As a distraction from what looks to be a dismal finish to the year, I decided to compile a list of the best transfers to Nebraska that I can remember, since Cheatham's performance this year may place him in my top 5. My present top 5 and where they transferred from: #1. Terran Petteway-Texas Tech, # 2. Bill Jackman-Duke, #3 Andrew Drevo-Morningside, #4. Bo Spencer-LSU, #5. John Robinson II-New Mexico. (Yes, I left off A.W.III because he transferred elsewhere). I am probably forgetting someone, but it kept my mind off the coronavirus, politics, and free throw shooting for awhile anyway.

56 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

As a distraction from what looks to be a dismal finish to the year, I decided to compile a list of the best transfers to Nebraska that I can remember, since Cheatham's performance this year may place him in my top 5. My present top 5 and where they transferred from: #1. Terran Petteway-Texas Tech, # 2. Bill Jackman-Duke, #3 Andrew Drevo-Morningside, #4. Bo Spencer-LSU, #5. John Robinson II-New Mexico. (Yes, I left off A.W.III because he transferred elsewhere). I am probably forgetting someone, but it kept my mind off the coronavirus, politics, and free throw shooting for awhile anyway.

Ā 

44 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

James Palmer, Jr. And Isaac Copeland are both playing the G-League...

Ā 

Jackman was before my time.....I think Palmer and Copeland are right up there with Petteway IMO. I know Petteway and Palmer scored more, but I feel Copeland had a bigger impact. Just look how last years team fell apart when he went out.

How could I forget Palmer and Copeland. They would obviously be in my top 5. Just shows how my mind was affected by having to watch yesterday's game! Ā  Ā  Ā https://www.granttribune.com/local-sports/where-are-they-now-bill-jackman Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Edited by jimmykc

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Even though he grad transferred elsewhere, Andrew White III has to be included in this. He was great for the Big Red.

Ā 

No.Ā  Ā  Only played one year.Ā  All the others listed played a lot moreĀ than this guy.Ā  Ā He was hardly great for theĀ Ā Big Red.Ā  Ā Led us to exactly no post-season play.Ā  Ā Ā  Net impact on the program was extremely negative.Ā  Ā 

1 minute ago, HB said:

Ā 

No.Ā  Ā  Only played one year.Ā  All the others listed played a lot moreĀ than this guy.Ā  Ā He was hardly great for theĀ Ā Big Red.Ā  Ā Led us to exactly no post-season play.Ā  Ā Ā  Net impact on the program was extremely negative.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Nah, Bo Spencer only played 1 year.

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

Ā 

Ā 

Okay, whatever. As I recall, Nebraska won 2 games that season in-conference.

Ā 

Well, whatever on AW III.Ā  Ā Practiced for a year.Ā  Ā Played inconsistently on a team that didn't make the postseason.Ā  Ā Bolted for no logical reason too late for us to recruit his spot.Ā  Ā Hardly "great for the Big Red."

2 minutes ago, HB said:

Ā 

Well, whatever on AW III.Ā  Ā Practiced for a year.Ā  Ā Played inconsistently on a team that didn't make the postseason.Ā  Ā Bolted for no logical reason too late for us to recruit his spot.Ā  Ā Hardly "great for the Big Red."

Ā 

I'm no fan of AW-III bolting, I am strictly going off his numbers. So, yeah, whatever:Ā Bo is not better.

Ā 

I have moved beyond the White being a bad guy. I hated him at the time, though. Let bygones be bygones.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by AuroranHusker

37 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Ā 

I'm no fan of AW-III bolting, I am strictly going off his numbers. So, yeah, whatever:Ā Bo is not better.

Ā 

I have moved beyond the White being a bad guy. I hated him at the time, though. Let bygones be bygones.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I never argued for Bo Spencer.Ā  Ā You brought him up.Ā  There are money other transfers listed in this thread, all of whom were dramatically more impactful than AW III.Ā  Ā It has nothing to do with bygones.Ā  Ā Petteway, Palmer, Copeland, Farmer, Jackman, Drevo, Robinson, all contributed more than White, without the negatives.Ā  Ā So yeah,Ā Ā whatever on AWIII.Ā 

4 minutes ago, HB said:

Ā 

I never argued for Bo Spencer.Ā  Ā You brought him up.Ā  There are money other transfers listed in this thread, all of whom were dramatically more impactful than AW III.Ā  Ā It has nothing to do with bygones.Ā  Ā Petteway, Palmer, Copeland, Farmer, Jackman, Drevo, Robinson, all contributed more than White, without the negatives.Ā  Ā So yeah,Ā Ā whatever on AWIII.Ā 

Ā 

It's fine. I brought up Spencer because you said all of them were better. And I disagreed. It's all good, HB. I don't even really like White, I have come toĀ accept that he played great both here & at 'Cuse. He did kind of screw over Tim Miles in the process, I'll agree to that thought.

He came from Alvin Community College which I always thought was more of a JUCO than a transfer school. Maybe we should expand this to best JUCO players now. We should have plenty of good players to draw from. To mentionĀ  the first few off the top of my head, Curtis Moore, Nate Johnson, Steffon Bradford, Steve Harley and Caleb Walker come to mind.

Edited by jimmykc

8 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

He came from Alvin Community College which I always thought was more of a JUCO than a transfer school. Maybe we should expand this to best JUCO players now. We should have plenty of good players to draw from. To mentionĀ  the first few off the top of my head, Curtis Moore, Nate Johnson, Steffon Bradford, Steve Harley and Caleb Walker come to mind.

Lance Jeter if were talking jucos comes to mind