uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 29 - vs. Northwestern

That was a master class in how to lose a basketball game. I've never seen anything like that. I have to imagine that's the worst free throw shooting performance in school history. If they fix that alone, not to mention the turnovers, they win handily long before overtime. It's always sad when a season ends, but this one is time to move on from. There will be better days.

Edited by uneblinstu

• Basketball God #1 - Hey, fellas, I'm all out of ideas of how to screw with Nebraska basketball. I think it's time to let them go ahead and win.
  • Basketball God #2 - Me too. Torturing them over the years has been fun, but this season has drained me. I just cannot think of a new creative way for them to lose, especially at home to a team as bad as Northwestern.
  • Basketball God in charge of free throws - Hold my beer.

Summer plan for the team.   

1)  Shoot 50 FT's before the start of every workout.   If you don't shoot 70% then you shoot 10 more until you do.   (Give up when you reach 100) 

2) Workout

3)  Repeat step 1 at the end of every workout 

Edited by REDitus

22 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

amidst today being probably the worst loss I've ever seen, this is the craziest stat of em all

I’m to the point where I almost feel the level of fan support is unhealthy for everyone. The fans may need to step back in order to feel better when jumping back on the bandwagon once it’s starts moving again, and not to be dead inside already once it does, and maybe playing in emptier arenas may help the players loosen up and move forward 

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am sorry.  There should be some sort of refund for fans.  

How can a Power conference team shoot free throws like that...all year.  How???????????????

Really  just a band of unskilled misfits.   Hard to be a team in that situation.  If they could shoot they’d probably be elsewhere.  

Yes, the free throws were bad. But why is no one discussing the botched two-for-one situation at the end of regulation? We had the ball with 48 seconds left in a tie game coming out of a timeout. Instead of getting a quick shot to ensure a last shot opportunity, we diddled around and gave them the last shot. No media members asked about this in the post game presser, either. That was either bad coaching or terrible execution.

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

This one “woke up the echoes” for me of Donnie Boyce, Shaun Vandiver & Billy Law,  when we slugged it out with Colorado for that 7/8 seed in the Big 8 Tournament... On to Michigan!

How could you mention that CU team without also mentioning Rodell Guest?  He's the only one that had a nickname.