NorthWestern (6-21)(1-16) vs. Nebraska (7-21)(2-15) Game Thread

Just now, basketballjones said:

Those young men should be embarrassed. And I know a lot of you will take offense to that - but they should. I hope it fuels them and doesn’t break them. But they should be hurt and embarrassed after that. 

I am embarrassed watching them miss!

3 minutes ago, Red Don said:

What a way to Lose!   No doubt about the worst team in the B1G this year.   I am impressed with NWs play under the basket and ability to make a bucket when they need it as opposed to our lack of ability to finish at the rim.

Seriously,  if we didn't miss 22 free throws this game is a rout.

Edited by brfrad

5 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Seriously,  if we didn't miss 22 free throws this game is a rout.

No Doubt!   But we Did (miss 22 FTs);  We couldn't make lay-ups or finish well at the rim and Northwestern could when they needed the points.

Just now, brfrad said:

I don't know what to say.  I have no way to put into words, we absolutely suck.  Jake just said he was proud of them for their effort.   That's BS!  Part of effort is making free throws.

I would equate effort to them fighting until the end.  If they were merely just awful from the line (say 40%) then the fight and effort wouldn't have been needed.  Failing at free throws does not equal a lack of effort in my book, just a supreme lack of mental toughness and focus.

1 minute ago, Red Don said:

No Doubt!   But we Did (miss 22 FTs);  We couldn't make lay-ups or finish well at the rim and Northwestern could when they needed the points.

Northwestern was not very impressive.   If we just make 1 FT.  We shoot 30 % from the line and we win.  How bad must you be for a team to take you to OT, missing 22 FT.

1 minute ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I would equate effort to them fighting until the end.  If they were merely just awful from the line (say 40%) then the fight and effort wouldn't have been needed.  Failing at free throws does not equal a lack of effort in my book, just a supreme lack of mental toughness and focus.

It is my frustration with this losing streak, and the fact we dropped one with a big thud of a performance. 

31 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Northwestern was not very impressive.   If we just make 1 FT.  We shoot 30 % from the line and we win.  How bad must you be for a team to take you to OT, missing 22 FT.

Is there a guard anywhere in America who could miss all 3 free throws after being fouled on a 3?   That epic fail at the end of the first half was remarkable.