B1G tourney 2020

redsteve

We're 10th seed

Looks like we play ...(don't know who as of Sat the 29th)

Second round
Thursday, March 5   6;30 PM

8 Michigan State  

9 Purdue    

4 Indiana  

5 Rutgers  

12 Wisconsin  

13 Illinois    

7 Michigan  

10 Nebraska    

3 Iowa  

6 Ohio State  

11 Minnesota  

14 Penn State
Edited by redsteve

i was really concerned it would end up being Rutgers----very athletic team, the type that gives huskers fits. Michigan is tough, but, no reason huskers don't have a shot against them.

the way Maryland is playing now--------they should steamroll right thru the Big Ten Tourney.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Anyone have any clue as to what went on immediately after the last game that caused Williams to be so long getting to the post game radio interview?  Not the it HAS to be a bad sign, but over the decades that I have watched college bb and followed a few far teams closely, it seems to me that more often than not it points to a lack of unity - either among players or between some players and the coaching staff.  

I am NOT trying to start a rumor with this question - I make no implication that I know something.  I am just wondering out loud. 

I hope that the Huskers can come to court Thursday with determination, enthusiasm, and fight.  I still think that it is realistic to expect at least one victory in  the tourney, maybe two.  Then one or two NIT home games.  With the top 45 or so teams in the country having gone to NCAA without us, maybe a deep run in NIT could happen and that would be a confidence builder for next year.  

And about next year .... incoming recruits appear to be "more of the same" - competent contributors, yes, but is there a difference maker among them?  Perhaps Amy can strike gold in the transfer portal by finding either a top quality defender or a talented PG sitting on the bench somewhere bc she has an even more talented player in front of her. 

jmo, but, i think coach williams is battling issues more on the mental side than anything else with this team. like i mentioned earlier, ever since that "gut punch" loss against osu, it seems to have been a real struggle. it was really apparent once again in that 4th quarter against indiana----hence the late timeout. it wasn't the first time she put matt on hold for the post game interview. i know she did it at least one more time (it may have been the osu game? i don't remember) anyway, it may have been discussed earlier, but, jmo.

i still think williams is a really good coach (yes, we all agree there are things to learn/do different), but, it has been a real struggle figuring out this mental issue here.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

The late arrival to the post-game show is a non -issue.   Has happened fairly often in the past.  Sometime you just need some time with your team.  

Wouldn't surprise me if we win a couple games in the tourney.  It's nice being in the opposite bracket of Maryland.    

Maryland should have no problem coming out of the top bracket.

i think OSU plays Iowa and knocks Iowa out. whether it be Huskers or Michigan going against NW, it's just NW's year. they are good, and i think it will be NW and OSU in the semi's. think NW wins close one against OSU------but, falls to Maryland, most likely big.

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

I think (but hope I am wrong) the girls come out flat and we just have an uphill battle all game and come up short. I agree the OSU game hurt, but also the way the Indiana game finished up. I just don't their (players) heads are in the right place. 

Could be.   But that can change quickly, especially with a couple of days off and then a long week of practice.   If we can get by Michigan, I think we play NW tough.  We darn near beat them on their floor, so we know we can play with them.   NW could be rusty after a long layoff and the conference co-title celebration.   

Yeah, I could be reaching a bit, but what the heck. 

5 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Maryland should have no problem coming out of the top bracket.

i think OSU plays Iowa and knocks Iowa out. whether it be Huskers or Michigan going against NW, it's just NW's year. they are good, and i think it will be NW and OSU in the semi's. think NW wins close one against OSU------but, falls to Maryland, most likely big.

pretty good projection.  Of course, it's tourney time so you can sometimes expect the unexpected.

47 minutes ago, HB said:

Could be.   But that can change quickly, especially with a couple of days off and then a long week of practice.   If we can get by Michigan, I think we play NW tough.  We darn near beat them on their floor, so we know we can play with them.   NW could be rusty after a long layoff and the conference co-title celebration.   

Yeah, I could be reaching a bit, but what the heck. 

I'm guessing we're all wondering and waiting to see how things are going to affect them, and how they'll play overall (emotion, execution, intensity etc.)

13 hours ago, Tom Jones said:

Anyone have any clue as to what went on immediately after the last game that caused Williams to be so long getting to the post game radio interview?  Not the it HAS to be a bad sign, but over the decades that I have watched college bb and followed a few far teams closely, it seems to me that more often than not it points to a lack of unity - either among players or between some players and the coaching staff.  

I am NOT trying to start a rumor with this question - I make no implication that I know something.  I am just wondering out loud. 

I hope that the Huskers can come to court Thursday with determination, enthusiasm, and fight.  I still think that it is realistic to expect at least one victory in  the tourney, maybe two.  Then one or two NIT home games.  With the top 45 or so teams in the country having gone to NCAA without us, maybe a deep run in NIT could happen and that would be a confidence builder for next year.  

And about next year .... incoming recruits appear to be "more of the same" - competent contributors, yes, but is there a difference maker among them?  Perhaps Amy can strike gold in the transfer portal by finding either a top quality defender or a talented PG sitting on the bench somewhere bc she has an even more talented player in front of her. 

The biggest “recruit” might be the return of a healthy, determined Taylor Kissinger.

wouldn't surprise me at all if we are seeing a glimpse into at least the near future of the Big Ten Tourney championship game. Maryland vs OSU. Maryland is always gonna be there and OSU is pretty young and i am willing to bet, keep attracting top recruits. That is as long as they can stay out of the same side of the bracket.

OSU better be careful, Maryland starting to run away.

Edited by whoopdeedoo