Wisc. transfer Kobe King is 'N'

AuroranHusker

On 6/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Academic "challenge" is the word on the street. Makes me wonder if 'immediate eligibility' wasn't in the cards...

Someone tell me what sort of 'academic challenges' a guy who was eligible to play at Wisconsin for two years could have.

Then take that list of challenges and tell me how hard a school that needs 20-30 minutes from a guy with B1G experience to contribute to this team would work to overcome them.

42 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Someone tell me what sort of 'academic challenges' a guy who was eligible to play at Wisconsin for two years could have.

Then take that list of challenges and tell me how hard a school that needs 20-30 minutes from a guy with B1G experience to contribute to this team would work to overcome them.

There are a number of things that could happen to impact eligibility.   Maybe he didn't go to classes the last semester.   Maybe he didn't take enough credits each semester to show academic progress.   Maybe he was borderline academic probation.  Maybe his credits didn't transfer over.      

The 2nd part of your puzzle I have no idea how to answer so I give up.

My solution is...it's water under the bridge.   The 13th spot has been refilled and I am moving on. 

2 hours ago, REDitus said:

There are a number of things that could happen to impact eligibility.   Maybe he didn't go to classes the last semester.   Maybe he didn't take enough credits each semester to show academic progress.   Maybe he was borderline academic probation.  Maybe his credits didn't transfer over.      

The 2nd part of your puzzle I have no idea how to answer so I give up.

My solution is...it's water under the bridge.   The 13th spot has been refilled and I am moving on. 

100% agreed.

On 6/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Academic "challenge" is the word on the street. Makes me wonder if 'immediate eligibility' wasn't in the cards...

Not what I heard....I’ve heard he told coaches he lost interest in playing basketball and wants to focus on the BLM movement. Could be BS.  Guess we will see if he ends up anywhere. 

Unfortunate because he would have helped out quite a bit 

22 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Not what I heard....I’ve heard he told coaches he lost interest in playing basketball and wants to focus on the BLM movement. Could be BS.  Guess we will see if he ends up anywhere. 

Unfortunate because he would have helped out quite a bit 

I agree It is unfortunate.   

I am okay with it though as I would rather have someone here who wants to be here rather than someone who feels miserable about it as that usually is spread to other people.  Best of luck to the young man though we hardly knew you. 

2 hours ago, REDitus said:

I agree It is unfortunate.   

I am okay with it though as I would rather have someone here who wants to be here rather than someone who feels miserable about it as that usually is spread to other people.  Best of luck to the young man though we hardly knew you. 

Wisconsin went 11-8 with him last season, and 9-2 without him.

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:
2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Meanwhile we went 7-25 without him last season.

????  
We went 7-25 without a lot of people.  Sarcasm?

The way I interpreted the comment was that Kobe was just as effective for Wisconsin as he was ineffective.

We're not Wisconsin. A player like Kobe could've made an impact to the team that could've translated to a better result than 7 wins on the season.

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Any word on if he's going to play ball some where?  

The wisconsin message board that I visited didn't know anything either and he's been silent on social media since it was announced he wasn't coming here.