uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 27 - @ Illinois

uneblinstu

From UNL

*-Yvan Ouedraogo reached double figures for the fifth time and the second straight game with 11 points, matching his high against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Dec. 29. It marked the first time this season he has reached double figures in consecutive games.
*-Yvan Ouedraogo posted his second career double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. He his just the fourth Husker freshman to record multiple double-doubles.

*-With 10 rebounds tonight, Ouedraogo moved into sole possession of second place on NU’s freshman rebound list with 166. He passed Dave Hoppen (161, 1982-83), Venson Hamilton (161, 1995-96) and John Turek (162, 2001-02).

*-Tonight marked the seventh time this season that Thorir Thorbjarnarson hit at least three 3-pointers in a game this season.

*-Nebraska has put at least three players in double figures in 22 of 27 games this season.

*-Nebraska was without starting point guard Cam Mack, who missed the game because of Illness.

I have been super impressed with Yvan these past few games. Gone against Tillman (one of the most experienced bigs on the league), the Wisconsin bigs, and tonight Kofi(who is a tank) and has played well against all.

Finishing still is coming along but it's improving. Defense has been the highlight for me. Against MSU there was like a minute-minute+30 stretch where him and Tillman just went at each other. He held his own against a physically dominant guy in Kofi tonight. 

Fight is there which tells me these guys have the right attitude about the game. Hopefully they can get one on senior night. 

I’m hoping Yvan continues to develop and turns into our version of Patric Young.. similar build to Yvan, developed into a solid bruiser of a big that controlled the paint for those mid 2010 Florida teams. Very impressed with his Freshman season !

Edited by bobcat402

You've gotta' admire this team. 

They are short-handed but keep on fighting.

They get beat up and keep on battling.

They deal with one adversity . . . and another follows. 

And they are still within a few breaks of pulling out multiple wins against high-level competition . . . and on the road to boot.

There is more to be admired here than you'll see on the vast majority of teams.

Winning is fun . . . but this is impressive.

6 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

You've gotta' admire this team. 

They are short-handed but keep on fighting.

They get beat up and keep on battling.

They deal with one adversity . . . and another follows. 

And they are still within a few breaks of pulling out multiple wins against high-level competition . . . and on the road to boot.

There is more to be admired here than you'll see on the vast majority of teams.

Winning is fun . . . but this is impressive.

Reminds me of Miles first squad, they always have a place in my heart. 

11 hours ago, HB said:

Encouraging.  

HB - I am with you. I am amazed at how encouraged I am with these guys and coaching stuff, during a 7-20 season. I see how it all works when the right guys with the right experience are here. And simply, the way FH and staff have been able to get these guys into games is simply amazing. 

10 hours ago, bobcat402 said:

I’m hoping Yvan continues to develop and turns into our version of Patric Young.. similar build to Yvan, developed into a solid bruiser of a big that controlled the paint for those mid 2010 Florida teams. Very impressed with his Freshman season !

If he can lean up, put on more muscle, and work on explosiveness and jumping he can be very solid.