B1G coaches

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Who do you guys think the coaches are on the hot seat? I'll go with Fahey  (Illinois) & Tipis (Wisconsin) maybe Merchant ( MSU)

agree with Fahey----i'd be shocked if illinois has her return. i think Tipis will be back. while not a great record, wisconsin has played better for the most part. i think Merchant will return too, for next season. coach battled a number of injuries this season.

32 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

You have to wonder though. lots of coachs get their contract renewed only to be fired later. but you are prolly right.

she's got a couple of really good recruits from minny that have her high on their list. if she can pull that off.........lot of talent in minny. she did get a commit from Czinano's sister ( 5' 11"-6'0") guard. not highly rated, but, from articles/comments some think she could be pretty good. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

One would think so, but what do we know.

I think her buyout's up, and the AD was pretty blunt after last season. 

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2019/04/25/purdue-women-basketball-needs-deliver-better-results-next-season-sharon-versyp-mike-bobinski/3577874002/

"It’s a performance-based industry and we have to deliver better results. That was clearly communicated.”

1 hour ago, swmckewon said:

I think her buyout's up, and the AD was pretty blunt after last season. 

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2019/04/25/purdue-women-basketball-needs-deliver-better-results-next-season-sharon-versyp-mike-bobinski/3577874002/

"It’s a performance-based industry and we have to deliver better results. That was clearly communicated.”

That can apply to several situations.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:40 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

One would think so, but what do we know.

as i stated earlier, i didn't think Versyp would be back this season. i'm a little surprised Creme still has them making the "dance". wouldn't surprise me if a situation in another conference comes about that knocks them out. what, any loss gives them 14 for the season? 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, panhandler said:

I do not think that coach Amy has anything to worry about. She is a good coach , as she is still trying to recruit players that can play well. Her contract runs through March 30 2023. Do not forget she was the Big Ten coach  in 2017-18. 

I guarantee you the coaches are starting to worry.  Could go either way at this point.  Just part of the business.  The “still trying” part of recruiting in year 4 isn’t a great look at $650k a year and taking over a strong program.   Hopefully we’ll start to land better talent, but now’s the time.   These coaches are great people and I’m pulling for them, but there are ominous signs.  

21 hours ago, HB said:

I guarantee you the coaches are starting to worry.  Could go either way at this point.  Just part of the business.  The “still trying” part of recruiting in year 4 isn’t a great look at $650k a year and taking over a strong program.   Hopefully we’ll start to land better talent, but now’s the time.   These coaches are great people and I’m pulling for them, but there are ominous signs.  

Butts in the seats should be a good indicator.

I stopped going when I had other things to do at the end of the year. But I will keep renewing my tickets as I do love going to support them one way or another. I am hoping 1 more year and we will have a new coach or the current coach will actually teach them basic fundamentals over the off season. It just go so depressing when the same mistakes were made all year long  and have been going on for the last 3 years.

I stopped going when I had other things to do at the end of the year. But I will keep renewing my tickets as I do love going to support them one way or another. I am hoping 1 more year and we will have a new coach or the current coach will actually teach them basic fundamentals over the off season. It just go so depressing when the same mistakes were made all year long  and have been going on for the last 3 years.
My wife and I hadn't been to a game since the December 28th game I believe but my wife also had some surgery so that later up for about 6 weeks and by then it was kind of just easy stay home

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Well I do not have the drive some of you have. I live about 40 minutes from Lincoln but also work in Lincoln during the week. I appreciate those of you who have made those long trips for years. Part of why we have good fan support. Part of why some coaches talk about trying to take the fans out of the game. It also is a two way street and to keep that support you need to have a product on the court that you want to cheer on win or lose. Hoping we see a turn next year. 

4 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Well I do not have the drive some of you have. I live about 40 minutes from Lincoln but also work in Lincoln during the week. I appreciate those of you who have made those long trips for years. Part of why we have good fan support. Part of why some coaches talk about trying to take the fans out of the game. It also is a two way street and to keep that support you need to have a product on the court that you want to cheer on win or lose. Hoping we see a turn next year. 

And in some shitty weather coming home.