Jump to content

Illinios (11-15)(2-13) vs. Nebraska (16-11)(6-10) Game Thread.


Recommended Posts

Veerbeek's shot has really come around this season. Getting better and better with the ball in her hands. We all know she's already a  beast on the boards. 

 

And Leigha...the usual real good stuff...20+ points. Glad she had two more years.

 

Great send off for the Seniors !!!    NIcea.. AWSOME !   Hanna, Kristian and Grace...super job !! Your all great people !

Wonderful Huskers. Always just the kind of players that make us proud to be Huskers.

Edited by redsteve
Link to post
Share on other sites

Final:   (Too Bad Kristian Hudson did not make her final trey shot, or all the Seniors would have Scored!  But She got her 400th Career Assist! :Mfclap: Best Wishes entering the 'So You Want to be a Coach' Program :nod: She has some good company!)

 

Numbers to Watch   (EDIT: Update)
(1)
Kristian Hudson needs one assist to reach 400 in her career (383 at FIU). (One Assist - Check)
(1) Leigha Brown's next assist will be the 100th of her career. (Two Assists - Check)
(2) Sam Haiby needs two rebounds to reach 200 in her career. (Eight Rebounds - Check)
(3) Ashtyn Veerbeek needs three points to reach 400 in her career. (Fifteen Points - Check)
(5) Kate Cain is five blocks away from her own Nebraska single-season block record (100) set as a freshman in 2017-18. (Two Blocks - that were counted :Lol:)

 

image.png

Edited by Red Don
Link to post
Share on other sites

Attended the game today and probably witnessed our best half of BB all season.  The opponent contributed to that, of course.  I know the 2nd half left something to be desired, but the game never came in doubt.  It is good on this day not to focus on the team's weaknesses, but just appreciate this day for what it represented.  Maybe this should be posted on the other topic but want to give a great big thanks to the seniors for their commitment and contributions to the program!  May God bless them the rest of the season and with everything they do after college.  Once a Husker, always a Husker.  GO BIG RED!!!!  🌽

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoutout to the crowd today, and the forum here, great culture around our women's program. very positive vibes.

Was my first EVER NU women's game I've been to (used my free womens ticket from the season ticket package). great experience! Senior day was special.

 

Wish we hadnt slumped second half of the year, this team looked good. the no look passes! holy crap and they can shoot. (not that I came in with any expectations either way)

 

cheers to everyone whos dedicated here, and the rest who come to the games. Love it. #Nebrasketball and huskers in all forms! I'll have to integrate more husker women's hoops in my diet going forward, no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Shoutout to the crowd today, and the forum here, great culture around our women's program. very positive vibes.

Was my first EVER NU women's game I've been to (used my free womens ticket from the season ticket package). great experience! Senior day was special.

 

Wish we hadnt slumped second half of the year, this team looked good. the no look passes! holy crap and they can shoot. (not that I came in with any expectations either way)

 

cheers to everyone whos dedicated here, and the rest who come to the games. Love it. #Nebrasketball and huskers in all forms! I'll have to integrate more husker women's hoops in my diet going forward, no doubt.

Glad to have you aboard. Great day for a basketball game, wish I could have made the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Glad to have you aboard. Great day for a basketball game, wish I could have made the game. 

yes! it was absolutely beautiful outside. and I fit in just fine as a bball fan, even if the sort of crowd is a bit different than MBB (more family, more gray hairs and kiddos). It was a blast! I enjoyed enough for the 2 of us. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

yes! it was absolutely beautiful outside. and I fit in just fine as a bball fan, even if the sort of crowd is a bit different than MBB (more family, more gray hairs and kiddos). It was a blast! I enjoyed enough for the 2 of us. ;)

Hey now easy on the gray hair stuff, you will be there some day. and yes it is an older crowd that goes to the womens games. just wish that they could get some students to the games. and grow that culture. I am a senior citizen even though i'm only 61.

 

Edited by Bugeaters1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 6:30 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

Hey now easy on the gray hair stuff, you will be there some day. and yes it is an older crowd that goes to the womens games. just wish that they could get some students to the games. and grow that culture. I am a senior citizen even though i'm only 61.

 

hey, a lot of the gray hairs are better than most! husker fans are fantastic as we know, and most of that is the levelheaded support we get from what kids now might call the "boomers" ;) I like how progressive some of them are too. and yeah im not dreading being old, I'm older enough already to not relate with the kids now, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...