Jump to content

uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 26 - vs. Michigan State


Recommended Posts

Gotta love the fight in the squad. They're outgunned every game, and they keep battling every game. That's a testament to the coaching staff and the players on the team. They can control their hustle and overall effort in doing whatever they can to keep it close for as long as they can. Hopefully brighter days ahead in 2020-21. GBR

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it was the difference in the game, but for as bad as we played in the 2nd half, the refs struggled just as bad.  Poor Green was a glutton for punishment from them.  That charge call was awful.  The MSU player shuffled his feet twice while green was in the air.  The foul that led to his technical,  he didn't even touch Winston.  2 more bad calls were the block on Thoir, and the lack of a flagrant call on Cheetam when they grabbed him to prevent a fast break.  Made Hoiberg as mad as I have seen him.

 

If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.  If I'm not mistaken, we had 4 3's go halfway down, and come back out.  

 

We are still giving effort,  but it has to wear on the team.  There is going to be a breaking point. 

 

Illinois will be tough, but we have played decent on the road as of late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’m glad to see Hoiberg have his guys back and get on the officials, they were at best, atrocious tonight. MSI still beats us, but the officials made it easier for them to do so...

 

Until something dramatic changes in Nebraska men's athletics, the Huskers seem to continue to be treated like Jr. Members of the Big Ten. It was on display tonight on the hardwood. Sheesh.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I’m glad to see Hoiberg have his guys back and get on the officials, they were at best, atrocious tonight. MSI still beats us, but the officials made it easier for them to do so...

 

It made the second half almost unwatchable, there was no flow and it just took the wind out of us.

 

On a bright spot we actually heard the student section tonight!😐

Edited by Silverbacked1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

 

It made the second half almost unwatchable, there was no flow and it just took the wind out of us.

 

On a bright spot we actually heard the student section tonight!😐

The student section that was there.  They should have been there in force for this one. A lot of empty seats over by the band. Lot of empty seats throughout.  Still a good crowd considering the record.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PimpMario said:

What's the record most losses in a row?

 

It sounds like there was something from the media saying Nebraska's longest losing streak was 13. But when I was looking myself, and I could be wrong, the longest single-season losing streak I could find was the one we're in right now. Probably about 4 other seasons at 10, but no season had 11.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

 

It sounds like there was something from the media saying Nebraska's longest losing streak was 13. But when I was looking myself, and I could be wrong, the longest single-season losing streak I could find was the one we're in right now. Probably about 4 other seasons at 10, but no season had 11.

Maybe 13 is the longest losing streak overall (including between seasons) and 10 or 11 is the longest in a single season. Idk just a guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My senior year our high school team lost 16 in a row, if that makes anyone feel better. Our coach was quoted in the paper as saying when it was time to "pick up the marbles" in the district tourney, we would be there. We weren't, and he was fired after one year. With that said, I still think NU could potentially win three more games this year. Now let's play some marbles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

 

It sounds like there was something from the media saying Nebraska's longest losing streak was 13. But when I was looking myself, and I could be wrong, the longest single-season losing streak I could find was the one we're in right now. Probably about 4 other seasons at 10, but no season had 11.

The World-Herald article this morning said that the current losing streak is the longest ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

The World-Herald article this morning said that the current losing streak is the longest ever.

 

And yet... and this is weird... I haven't hit the panic button.  I guess that is in part because I expected this to be a tough season.

 

I have to say that Doc put together a very good Defensive plan last night. 

 

We played great (IMO)... until shots started to miss, then we pressed and played tight. 

 

Back to Doc... one of my favorite Doc quotes is "I just hope half of the bad calls go to the other team."    Not last night.

 

The post-game presser was fun to watch once Jack Hoiberg walked in to the room.  Coach Hoiberg was distracted, kept glancing over, then finally Jack went up and sat down.  Priceless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

My senior year our high school team lost 16 in a row, if that makes anyone feel better. Our coach was quoted in the paper as saying when it was time to "pick up the marbles" in the district tourney, we would be there. We weren't, and he was fired after one year. With that said, I still think NU could potentially win three more games this year. Now let's play some marbles.

 

3 more games?  Is there a tournament for 150+ NET teams I don't know about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't recall what Green's first two fouls were but here were his last 3

 

Charge when the defender was moving

Touch foul on Winston that didn't look like a foul

Technical for yelling at his bench


His first was legit, ran a guy out of bounds. Second was a questionable reach also. That charge was beyond horrific. Start to finish that ref crew was extremely bad. Thought Fred was getting a T on the Burke no call

Edited by Art Vandalay
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Outside of the Iowa win this season, we haven't had another win in 2020. It's almost March.

Yep. Forgive me if I'm not choked up about the Hoiberg reunion. It felt good if you wear green or your last name is Hoiberg, of course, but not if your team is on a record losing streak.

Edited by jayschool
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

 

And yet... and this is weird... I haven't hit the panic button.  I guess that is in part because I expected this to be a tough season.

 

I have to say that Doc put together a very good Defensive plan last night. 

 

We played great (IMO)... until shots started to miss, then we pressed and played tight. 

 

Back to Doc... one of my favorite Doc quotes is "I just hope half of the bad calls go to the other team."    Not last night.

 

The post-game presser was fun to watch once Jack Hoiberg walked in to the room.  Coach Hoiberg was distracted, kept glancing over, then finally Jack went up and sat down.  Priceless.


I’d be more worried if I thought our struggles were related to coaching but despite the losing streak I really like what I’ve seen In terms of

what our philosophy is and the sets we run. 
 

Hoiberg went from winning 3 Big 12 games in year one at ISU to dancing and going 12-6 in conference year 2. Will we see a similar jump? Probably not.  But I don’t think it’s going to take Hoiberg long to get the program going. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jayschool said:

Yep. Forgive me if I'm not choked up about the Hoiberg reunion. It felt good if you wear green or your last name is Hoiberg, of course, but not if your team is on a record losing streak.

 

You'll probably appreciate it more when Illinois is figurative using us like a mop on Monday

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...