uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 26 - vs. Michigan State

uneblinstu

19 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I’d be more worried if I thought our struggles were related to coaching but despite the losing streak I really like what I’ve seen In terms of

what our philosophy is and the sets we run. 

Hoiberg went from winning 3 Big 12 games in year one at ISU to dancing and going 12-6 in conference year 2. Will we see a similar jump? Probably not.  But I don’t think it’s going to take Hoiberg long to get the program going. 

from what I’ve heard from my dad who is friends with a former Husker player that had been to a number of practices is that the guys that are sitting on the bench are beating the guys on the court during practice almost every time.  Next year will see a vast improvement. 

2 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

from what I’ve heard from my dad who is friends with a former Husker player that had been to a number of practices is that the guys that are sitting on the bench are beating the guys on the court during practice almost every time.  Next year will see a vast improvement. 

As our record indicates, it doesn’t take much to beat our current starters lol. That’s why I think next year will end up being a potential NIT year and 2021 will be a year we legitimately contend to make the tourney. Those are my tempered expectations. Anything above that is gravy. 

Was actually encouraged by the effort on Thursday night under the circumstances.   We shot horribly and MSU shot the ball very well from outside.  Given that and the rebounding differential it was amazing we were in the game as long as we were.     Would be easy for the players to quit on the season - but that does not appear to be the case at least yet. 

As noted, was obviously a horribly officiated game.  The charge on Green was as bad of a call as you are every going to see.   Certainly could understand his frustration at the end.

On 2/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, HuskerBB said:

Was actually encouraged by the effort on Thursday night under the circumstances.   

Agree.

We are, actually, a few percentage points on free throws and layups short of a respectable record this season.  
Even with a walk-on freshman and a can-you-believe-he’s-staying junior playing significant roles, we’ve been close in most games.  In other games, first-half successes and second-half collapses seem to be the product of excellent coaching (first-halves) and talent disparities (second-halves).

17 hours ago, BjoeHusker said:

Has anyone noticed that the last two home games, during the starting lineups, the arena announcer introduced Cam Mack as a Freshman? Prior to the last two, he announced him as a Sophomore. Odd.

I heard that Thursday and figured it was just my hearing going. Maybe I'll return the bottle of Geritol to the Rexall store.