Michigan St. (17-9)(9-6) vs. Nebraska (7-18)(2-12) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

So anxious for this nightmare to end. I've never seen an NU team nearly this bad. I sure hope the three players sitting out, plus Allen make the difference. I'm guessing there will be at least three other new faces beside the three sitting out. We need help everywhere. 

The fact that Hoiberg has said the practice squad beats the regulars quite a bit is pretty telling. I’ve heard very good things about Banton. 

We will be much better next year.  Not sure what that means in the wins loss column but we will actually look like a Big Ten team walking off the bus and have some length and size to combat our issues this year. Hoiberg said the biggest jump for players is from year 1 to 2. We need that to be true for guys like Evan and Cross. 

27 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Mack seems to have hit a bit of a wall. I’m sure the losses and minutes are taxing. 

Biggest key for him in the offseason is learning how to finish. Sometimes I wonder if he’s so fast that it effects his ability to finish. 

Cant knock the effort in this one. But same story, we just don’t really have the depth or experience yet to compete 40 minutes with a team like MSU. 

I’m starting to wonder if he’s just not good at lay ups 

heck of an effort from Ivan the last few games. Happy to see that 

11 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I’m starting to wonder if he’s just not good at lay ups 

heck of an effort from Ivan the last few games. Happy to see that 

He is just to nonchalant IMO. Just casual finger rolls instead of going up strong. Probably worked great in HS and JUCO but not in the Big10. He is in a funk defensively and shooting the ball also. Hope he breaks out soon.

While I have, like many, grown upset at many of our blown opportunities at the rim, I'm willing to give Cam a bit of a pass. If he's here next year, which I pray he is, I believe we'll see a guy finishing at a much better clip. Many times, he has to take a tough finish opportunity over tremendous length in the B1G. And the biggest reason is that teams are able to sag off of so many of our players, and many times not even respect our post players, to the point that his driving lanes are typically not very clear. With better all-around players next year, I think you'll see clearer lanes for him to finish. Now, there have been misses from him that have been head-scratching, especially last night. Hopefully, that goes away as less teams are able to clog the paint in the years to come.

3 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

He is just to nonchalant IMO. Just casual finger rolls instead of going up strong. Probably worked great in HS and JUCO but not in the Big10. He is in a funk defensively and shooting the ball also. Hope he breaks out soon.

That’s a very good way of stating his struggles. It’s also unfortunate we have no lob threat. 

4 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

I would think this is part of the 'coaching challenge' i.e. coaching-up players just out of HS or coming from the JUCO ranks (that and the improved nutrition/physical conditioning available in D-1 programs).