OT: Beilein Making a Beeline to the Exit

HuskerFever

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

That is a strong possibility as not sure Shaka survives after this season.

One thing maybe in Texas' favor there is Beilein's former assistant Luke Yaklich is on Shaka's staff currently.  Might make for a reasonably easy transition.

Further proof that there is no panacea in coaching, be it college or pro. You have to cater to giant immature egos when recruiting or cater to giant immature egos who make more money than you in the pros. I like Beilein and thought he was an exceptional coach at Michigan. Will always hold that opinion of him.

John Beilein was 10-22 (5-13) in his first year at Michigan.  Finished KenPom #137.

He had losses to #280 Harvard, #178 Central Michigan in non-con and #191 Northwestern, #146 Iowa and #130 Penn State in the Big Ten.  Man, the Big Ten was pretty awful that year...

His second year they went 19-12 (9-9) and made the tournament as a 10 seed.

My point?  I guess I don't really have one other than to say his first year at Michigan resembles our season this year pretty well I guess.  I'm just looking for reasons to have hope for next year.

27 minutes ago, demone said:

Further proof that there is no panacea in coaching, be it college or pro. You have to cater to giant immature egos when recruiting or cater to giant immature egos who make more money than you in the pros. I like Beilein and thought he was an exceptional coach at Michigan. Will always hold that opinion of him.

Upvote for “panacea.”  Great word.