uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 24 - @ Maryland

uneblinstu

Man, there's so much to say about this one!

- The first half was about as bad a half of basketball I've seen in a long time. Kinda for both teams. NU was bad. Maryland looked like they were asleep. 

- The second half, you had to love NU's fight. 

- This was a game that gives so much hope for the future. 

- This felt like pretty rough game for Mack. It seemed like the Maryland fans got in his head. But he still made some big plays down the stretch and man, if he could have finished that lay-up at the end, it would have been one heckuva story.

- It's nights like tonight why I don't pick Mark Turgeon coached teams to go past the first weekend.

I have more thoughts, but I need to wait for tomorrow. 

Tonight was a good example of what happens when Jervay and Cam have off shooting nights and use their God given athleticism to fill up the rest of the stat sheet and make plays elsewhere.  Great effort from those two.  

Glad to see Cheatham show up.  

Our system almost beat them tonight.  We were outmatched at literally every position.  

Man, great effort and fight.  Really, really wish Cam would have flipped it to Cheatham when all 5 Terps collapsed on him.  Felt like it would have been fitting for Cheatham to win it after his impressive 2nd half.  Oh well, hard to fault Cam too much and I'd much rather have someone willing to take the last shot and miss than shrink in the moment.

If only we could show this fight each game!!!

9 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Man, great effort and fight.  Really, really wish Cam would have flipped it to Cheatham when all 5 Terps collapsed on him.  Felt like it would have been fitting for Cheatham to win it after his impressive 2nd half.  Oh well, hard to fault Cam too much and I'd much rather have someone willing to take the last shot and miss than shrink in the moment.

If only we could show this fight each game!!!

Agree with kick out but don't blame Cam one bit. Thor broke to basket but a kick to him for corner 3 to win also possible.

3 hours ago, rr52 said:

Agree with kick out but don't blame Cam one bit. Thor broke to basket but a kick to him for corner 3 to win also possible.

Actually, Cam had what appeared to be Cross open for a dunk, if he'd have passed to his left. It would have been glorious, too.

<EDIT: I had first thought it was #0, but it was #1>

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, colhusker said:

Given our history, Arop would have gone up to dunk it and jammed it into the bottom of the rim. :)

I re-watched it twice, and I figured it was Arop (but it was Cross) but it wasn't as open as imagined... but Thor had a wide-open 3 to hammer the Terps. Ughhh.

Edited by AuroranHusker

10 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

This might be a tad optimistic, but I will take our chances against Maryland in the third round of the BIG tournament 😀.

Very optimistic as trust me, we don't want to play them again.  If we saw them in the Big 10 tournament, I'd be surprised if we could stay within 20 points of them.