Nebraska (7-16)(2-10) vs. Maryland (19-4) (9-3) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, rr52 said:

That's what I thought but they wouldn't show a decent replay. Is that reviewable? They missed the call on Ayala's lay up where he was out of bounds also. The baseline must be tough to watch.

My homer glasses it looked like him and another player are touching it and his foot is out of bounds. It is not reviewable due to not being called out of bounds. 

57 minutes ago, brfrad said:

This game frustrates me more than Satuday's game.  This team shows us what they are capable of doing if they play with effort.   Now, play this way come Saturday,  and find a win.

Gotta respect the heart of this team, battling back from a giant losing streak & NO ONE QUIT on Fred & Co. That's baller material, in my book. Now, let's finish it off vs Bucky Badger.

First time posting this year.  I'll spare you the "I've been busy routine."  Just hard to be involved this year given the goings on.

An observation:   despite the record, I love the passion and body language this team still has.  Previous teams, call them Mile's teams if you want, would have mailed it a long time ago.  That's a testament to the coaches, in my view.

1 hour ago, rwmctrofholz said:

First time posting this year.  I'll spare you the "I've been busy routine."  Just hard to be involved this year given the goings on.

An observation:   despite the record, I love the passion and body language this team still has.  Previous teams, call them Mile's teams if you want, would have mailed it a long time ago.  That's a testament to the coaches, in my view.

Excellent observation, I've noticed the team is still holding on strong. That's amazing. And it says that Hoiberg & Co. know what they're done, which is a major plus in spite of a 9-game losing streak. The team ought to be fired up, they nearly took down a 20-win team while shooting 7 for 33 from three-point range. Incredible resiliency.

Hmm.  I will provide the following observation about last season, Tim's final year.  The team played it's collective asses off during the last month despite injuries, despite playing with an eclectic group of players, and despite a coach that was "dead man walking" so to speak.  I did not see or hear that team quit.  Remember too, a Miles team that once had bench players that got national attention for their celebratory mood on the bench.

This year we have had a couple players who do not "appear" to be motivated or invested into the team concept.  I am not positive that is an accurate observation, but i know of many who have mentioned similar observations to me.

This is Fred's first year of building his program.   It will be interesting to see how chemistry and character evolves next year and for years to come.  If the players are patterned after their leader, we should be more than okay.