girls hs bb player yanks hair of opponent...

whoopdeedoo

17 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Could you charge her with assualt?

i would guess it depends on the type of parents the player who had her hair pulled has. i would hope it wouldn't go quite that far, however, the player that pulled her hair needs some heavy punishment. hard to believe the hair pulling just came out of the blue? if it did, wow. would be interesting to know if they had been "jawing" or knocking each other around during the game. 

i would guess it depends on the type of parents the player who had her hair pulled has. i would hope it wouldn't go quite that far, however, the player that pulled her hair needs some heavy punishment. hard to believe the hair pulling just came out of the blue? if it did, wow. would be interesting to know if they had been "jawing" or knocking each other around during the game. 
I mean it's a girl whose hair got pulled hit her head on the floor like was said and caused a concussion I would think that you would want to charge assault or something like that

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I mean it's a girl whose hair got pulled hit her head on the floor like was said and caused a concussion I would think that you would want to charge assault or something like that

did she receive a concussion? i wasn't aware of that. i see the hair puller has been disciplined by the school, but, they wouldn't elaborate. i don't understand why. yes, see your point if she has sustained a severe injury. i believe the Ohio State high school gov't body (not sure what they call it over there (OSHSAA?) was waiting to see what kind of discipline was handed down. 

did she receive a concussion? i wasn't aware of that. i see the hair puller has been disciplined by the school, but, they wouldn't elaborate. i don't understand why. yes, see your point if she has sustained a severe injury. i believe the Ohio State high school gov't body (not sure what they call it over there (OSHSAA?) was waiting to see what kind of discipline was handed down. 

I read something where she hit her head on the floor.

uh-oh.....this is not good. bugs, you are probably right---has lawsuit written all over it.

"

"The Bellevue player was shockingly not called for a foul in the game, but was later suspended for one game."    WOW!

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/high-school-hoopsters-career-may-be-over-after-being-concussed-in-hair-pulling-melee/

Edited by whoopdeedoo

I’m not a fan of what the yanker said - “it was never my Intention to hurt someone”.   It never is.  If I had done something like that as a kid my parents would have put my ass in a sling.  Grabbing someone by their hair and forcibly pulling them down is going to harm that person.  What part of that isn’t clear? 

appears apology has been accepted and according to player and her parents, situation has come to a close.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/high-school/hs-basketball/family-of-norwalk-girls-basketball-player-injured-in-hair-pulling-incident-accepts-opponents-apology/95-e7887c7f-e1c5-49a3-bb3d-25375e2e997c

Edited by whoopdeedoo

On 2/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, huskerchode said:

I’m not a fan of what the yanker said - “it was never my Intention to hurt someone”.   It never is.  If I had done something like that as a kid my parents would have put my ass in a sling.  Grabbing someone by their hair and forcibly pulling them down is going to harm that person.  What part of that isn’t clear? 

It was never her intention to get caught.