2021 Juco PG Elbert Ellis -> Louisville

hhcmatt

Out of North Carolina. He went to HS at Quality Education Academy.  I feel like someone we recruited went there but the only name I can find that I recognize is Andrew White's brother.

He had some low D-1 offers though I believe the had academic issue and went the Juco route. Unless he would redshirt next year we're looking at 2 years starting in 2021 like Keisei Tominaga.  Also like Tominaga, Ellis can shoot. Currently shooting 49% from the field and 43% from 3. 

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Out of North Carolina. He went to HS at Quality Education Academy.  I feel like someone we recruited went there but the only name I can find that I recognize is Andrew White's brother.

He had some low D-1 offers though I believe the had academic issue and went the Juco route. Unless he would redshirt next year we're looking at 2 years starting in 2021 like Keisei Tominaga.  Also like Tominaga, Ellis can shoot. Currently shooting 49% from the field and 43% from 3. 

Quality shooter at the PG position, that'd be a nice feature.

• 2 months later...

Nebraska reportedly has a virtual visit set up with 2021 junior college product El Ellis for Wednesday, April 15. The 6-foot-3, 175-pound point guard currently attends Tallahassee Community College and is in the 2021 class, but could technically come to Nebraska to join the 2020 class. Nebraska already has two point guards in the 2020 class, including Kobe Webster and Trey McGowens. Dalano Banton will be a sophomore next year and is also a primary ball handler as a 6-foot-8 wing. If he stays in the 2021 class, Ellis could join 2021 junior college commit Keisei Tominaga. Ellis has a long list of offers, including Louisville, NC State and Arizona State. Ellis scored 14.3 points with 4.5 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game as a freshman at Tallahassee CC. He shot 47% from the floor and 40.3% from 3-point range. 

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/nebraska-basketball-transfer-tracker-the-latest-on-potential-additions-to/article_21564333-0196-50e2-ae03-8ccaf0f65cec.html

• 2 months later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2021 Juco PG Elbert Ellis -> Louisville