ND's McGraw to change recruiting approach...

whoopdeedoo

guess i wasn't aware she would only have 11 on scholarship.......now, she states they need to go to 15

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notre-dame-women-s-basketball-changing-recruiting-approach

Raoul kept a list of the 2018-19 transfers:

Total: 589
Power Five: 119
Non Power Five 470

Grad Transfers: 82

Edited by whoopdeedoo

guess i wasn't aware she would only have 11 on scholarship.......now, she states they need to go to 15
https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notre-dame-women-s-basketball-changing-recruiting-approach

Raoul kept a list of the 2018-19 transfers:

Total: 589
Power Five: 119
Non Power Five 470

Grad Transfers: 82  

Yeah I don't know why you wouldn't carry the full complement of scholarships maybe keep one back for a walk on .

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

A lot of womens coaches have historically not used all 15 because of chemistry issues.  it is really hard to keep 15 girls happy.  Remember every girl that plays at college was a star in hs and most of them were full grown by 9th grade so they have been "the star" their entire careers.  Most were starters as 9th graders and all conf by soph year and all state by junior year.  That is not the case for boys.  They grow late and there are way more good players so they are used to jockeying for PT their entire bball career so they handle it better if they don't get to play right away.  Girls, and their parents, do not handle it as well for the reason stated above in my opinion.  

This is compounded by the fact that men practice against men all the time so even the subs are getting lots of reps in practice.  With women practicing against mens practice squads a lot of the time it is really much harder to get kids 10-15 reps which can further enhance the dissatisfaction.

Edited by kansashusker