Spin

jimmykc

Since we are now entering the season of political spin, I would like to express my pleasure with how NU's basketball season has played out. I find it refreshing to approach selection Sunday with no angst or apprehensive gloom impending concerning the certainty that the Huskers will get their usual shafting by whatever committee chooses the NCAA and NIT fields, a'la the Miles era. There will not be the usual speculation about whether we should accept an invitation from the CSI or whatever the tournament for losers is called. I can just sit back and enjoy the post-season basketball, which should be interesting this year with no true favorite in the field. At least a half dozen teams from our league will be holding their collective breaths (but not me). I will have only peripheral interest in such weighty subjects as whether KU should consider using foam rubber stools (in case DeSouza should be re-instated). So I can just relax with a beverage and no accompanying bowl of the usual anxiety and let the roundball  begin.

Edited by jimmykc

1 minute ago, Handy Johnson said:

Couldn’t agree more, all the usual “on the bubble” talk, last 4 in or out is EXHAUSTING... Pitchers & Catchers report Wednesday then I can gird my loins for another disappointing Twins season.

Royals and Chiefs won two championships in a 5-6 year period.  There is hope for the Twinkies!

Actually, tbh, hilarity of your post aside - I actually am quite pleased with this season.

1. They guys have played hard and shown that they won't quit on Coach Hoiberg
2. Coach Hoiberg has demonstrated a lot of positive coaching strategies and techniques

3. We've seen that Thorir and Dachon could be incredibly useful pieces for next year

4. Our 17 year old center shows a ton of promise

5. All the tall guys sitting on the bench seem engaged and ready to go for next year

6. I like the recruits we're bringing in

7. I was right when I told all my friends that this could be a bad year, and they argued with me non-stop 😉