Indiana (18-6) vs. Nebraska (15-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Indiana (18-6) vs. Nebraska (15-8) Game Thread

never say never---game of basketball can surprise. having said that, indiana has been playing pretty well again. even though close. grace berger has one of the best elbow shots i have seen in quite awhile. man, impressive. huskers might keep it close, but, i just think indiana will be too much for them. they gave maryland all they could handle, but, that pressure just wore on them. 

Sorry if as a newbie I got ahead and wanted to talk about Iowa. I do not have BTN+ so last night it was listening to Matt and Jeff and watching with no sound the Indiana and Maryland game. Indiana played a great first half. Third quarter they did not shoot as well and Maryland made their run. Plus the pressure from Maryland started to get to them. I think we have a very small chance to beat Indiana. They do so many things well on the offensive end. In fact it would not surprise me to see a double digit loss on Sunday. Listening to Matt and Amy on the post game when Amy made the "brain fart" comment my first thought was are you talking about the players or you and your staff? It almost seems like she feels they have put the players in a position to win but they are not following the game plan or just not getting the shots to fall. It's going to be a rough finish.

Sorry if as a newbie I got ahead and wanted to talk about Iowa. I do not have BTN+ so last night it was listening to Matt and Jeff and watching with no sound the Indiana and Maryland game. Indiana played a great first half. Third quarter they did not shoot as well and Maryland made their run. Plus the pressure from Maryland started to get to them. I think we have a very small chance to beat Indiana. They do so many things well on the offensive end. In fact it would not surprise me to see a double digit loss on Sunday. Listening to Matt and Amy on the post game when Amy made the "brain fart" comment my first thought was are you talking about the players or you and your staff? It almost seems like she feels they have put the players in a position to win but they are not following the game plan or just not getting the shots to fall. It's going to be a rough finish.

No problem. Some people have just come to do things that we have done for a few years. Like red don posts the in game stats and final stats. If u would like to do the game threads, have it. And all ways like new input. So welcome to the board.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'm a numbers guy....Shooting will have to improve drastically, or it won't be a fun game.  Shooting in the 35% range like we have at times recently,  is never a winning percentage.

Hope the pressure of the rough stretch isn't to far ingrained, and we will rise above it today. Think we can...will take extraordinary effort to rise above.

Edited by redsteve

Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. No. 18 Indiana Hoosiers
Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020, 2 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena (15,000) - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tickets: 
Huskers.com
Special Event: Play4Kay Pink Day
Live Video: BTN+ 
Live Radio: Husker Sports Network (1:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln - B107.3 FM; Omaha - ESPN 590 AM
Huskers.com, Huskers App, TuneIn

Nebraska Cornhuskers (15-8, 5-7 Big Ten)
13 - Ashtyn Veerbeek - 6-2 - So. - F - 7.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg
31 - Kate Cain - 6-5 - Jr. - C - 9.3 ppg, 7.6 rpg
3 - Hannah Whitish - 5-9 - Sr. - G - 9.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg
4 - Sam Haiby - 5-9 - So. - G - 10.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg
5 - Nicea Eliely - 6-1 - Sr. - G - 8.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg
Off the Bench
32 - Leigha Brown - 6-1 - So. - F - 13.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg
34 - Isabelle Bourne - 6-2 - Fr. - F - 5.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg
2 - Trinity Brady - 5-11 - Fr. - G - 1.6 ppg, 1.2 rpg
14 - Grace Mitchell - 6-2 - Sr. - F - 1.6 ppg, 1.3 rpg
44 - Kayla Mershon - 6-3 - So. - F - 1.5 ppg, 2.2 rpg
11 - Kristian Hudson - 5-5 - RSr. - G - 1.1 ppg, 0.7 rpg
1 - Makenzie Helms - 5-8 - Fr. - G - 0.3 ppg, 0.5 rpg
Out for Season
33 - Taylor Kissinger - 6-1 - Jr. - G - 8.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg
Head Coach: Amy Williams (Nebraska, 1998)
Fourth Season at Nebraska (57-57); 13th Season Overall (250-166)

18/22 Indiana Hoosiers (18-6, 8-4 Big Ten)
10 - Aleksa Gulbe - 6-3 - So. - F - 8.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg
50 - Brenna Wise - 6-0 - Sr. - F - 8.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg
13 - Jaelynn Penn - 5-10 - Jr. - G - 10.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg
14 - Ali Patberg - 5-11 - RJr. - G - 13.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg
34 - Grace Berger - 6-0 - So. - G - 13.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg
Off the Bench
54 - Mackenzie Holmes - 6-3 - Fr. - F - 11.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg
11 - Chanel Wilson - 5-6 - RFr. - G - 3.1 ppg, 0.9 rpg
33 - Jorie Allen - 6-1 - Fr. - F - 2.4 ppg, 2.1 rpg
2 - Keyanna Warthen - 5-10 - Jr. - G - 1.6 ppg, 0.6 rpg
51 - Hannah Noveroske - 6-5 - Fr. - C - 1.5 ppg, 1.5 rpg
3 - Grace Waggoner - 6-0 - Fr. - G - 0.8 ppg, 0.3 rpg
Head Coach: Teri Moren (Purdue, 1992)

Indiana has improved a lot in the last few years. Defense is very good. They're young but talented. They have some size. 

Game is at home.....as usual it's worth 10 points. Come on crowd....noise !!