Iowa 18-4 (9-2 B1G) vs. Nebraska 15-7 (5-6 B1G) Game Thread

All About the Corn

2 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Post-season disappearing as we speak, but then again I really didn't expect a win tonight. :Redface:

imo, it was a steep, and i mean steep, mountain to climb after the loss to osu.

i wouldn't mind seeing a starting line-up of Cain, Bourne, Brown, Eliely, and Whitish----but, doesn't really matter now.

Just now, whoopdeedoo said:

two biggest things stick in my mind (and, have been mentioned for the most part). a very good point guard and a 6'1"-2" wing that can get to the basket and/or shoot the mid-range with some consistency (not asking for much 😉)

We have the wing just need the PG.

So, which one of our coaches is responsible for designing the offense?  We appear to have two different offensive plans, a first-half plan and a second-half plan.  The first-half plan is pretty good.  The coach who designed the second-half plan (called the slow-motion movement plan) should be traded to a different team.

Listening to Matt and Jeff last night. One of their comments was if NE was to finish 5-2 that 10 wins in the B1G would be enough to get a strong look for the NCAA tourney. They then when on the talk about 5 games against teams in the top 25 rpi. OK two of them are against Indiana so four teams but my first thought was at this point we will have a hard time coming up with two to three wins to finish conference play. Looking back to the MSU game and the poor second half was an indicator of things to come. Hoping this staff shakes things up for Sunday.

Edited by All About the Corn