Iowa 18-4 (9-2 B1G) vs. Nebraska 15-7 (5-6 B1G) Game Thread

All About the Corn

iowa is hard to beat at home this season. maybe they are due for a stumble? huskers can't afford to "throw away" a quarter @ iowa. gonna have to play a complete game, or very close to one for a shot at walking away with a 'w'. plus, iowa is going to want "payback". rebound, rebound, rebound-----and chase down at least some of those loose balls if opportunity arises. 

huskers may not come away with a win, but if nothing else, want to see them compete the whole game and at least be in the game at the end.  

44 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

iowa is hard to beat at home this season. maybe they are due for a stumble? huskers can't afford to "throw away" a quarter @ iowa. gonna have to play a complete game, or very close to one for a shot at walking away with a 'w'. plus, iowa is going to want "payback". rebound, rebound, rebound-----and chase down at least some of those loose balls if opportunity arises. 

huskers may not come away with a win, but if nothing else, want to see them compete the whole game and at least be in the game at the end.  

I remember posting something last year about us not seeming to go after loose balls aggressively a lot of the time.  I think I simply said GO GET THE BALL!!!!!!!  It does not have eyes and is not coming to you.  I wish we could instill more aggressiveness in that area.  Same thing for rebounding.  Gotta really want the ball.  Don't just stand and look up.  Don't mean to sound critical but I don't get what I'm seeing in these areas.  GO HUSKERS!!

I remember posting something last year about us not seeming to go after loose balls aggressively a lot of the time.  I think I simply said GO GET THE BALL!!!!!!!  It does not have eyes and is not coming to you.  I wish we could instill more aggressiveness in that area.  Same thing for rebounding.  Gotta really want the ball.  Don't just stand and look up.  Don't mean to sound critical but I don't get what I'm seeing in these areas.  GO HUSKERS!!
I'm guessing that the team doesn't do drills for diving after loose balls.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I want to see our team play with heart for the whole game. I would be happy even with a loss if they came to play all game long. I really do not think we see a lineup change. Maybe start our regular five and then change it up come the second half based on their first half play. Be quicker to call a time out to stop a run by Iowa. 

All the chatter here.....perplexing

In the last game we turned the ball over way way to much with poor passing,  and just loosing the ball because of insufficient ball security.

And... shooting that was disappointing....with out saying much else about it. 

We've lost to teams with talented players and excellent ball handlers ...and.... quick defenses that put pressure on us defensibly and we've struggled to overcome. 

it will be a tough road from here on out.  I'will continue to be behind the team...not a band wagon fan when things are only going great.

5 hours ago, redsteve said:

All the chatter here.....perplexing

In the last game we turned the ball over way way to much with poor passing,  and just loosing the ball because of insufficient ball security.

And... shooting that was disappointing....with out saying much else about it. 

We've lost to teams with talented players and excellent ball handlers ...and.... quick defenses that put pressure on us defensibly and we've struggled to overcome. 

it will be a tough road from here on out.  I'will continue to be behind the team...not a band wagon fan when things are only going great.

Not sure if you're suggesting that some of the criticism here makes anyone a bandwagon jumper, but I support the Husker teams I follow no matter what.  I regard my criticism as constructive and don't mean to suggest otherwise.

10 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Not sure if you're suggesting that some of the criticism here makes anyone a bandwagon jumper, but I support the Husker teams I follow no matter what.  I regard my criticism as constructive and don't mean to suggest otherwise.

Not suggesting anything, or calling out anyone. Just stating where I'm coming from.  

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

HOME IS WHERE THE TIGERHAWK IS

• Iowa has won 32 consecutive games on Mediacom Court in Carver-Hawkeye Arena, including a 11-0 mark this season.
  • The last loss for the Hawkeyes at home was a 92-74 defeat against Nebraska on Jan. 28, 2018.

We shot lights out that game.  It will take a similar performance tonight.