Ohio St.(11-9) vs. Nebraska (15-6) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Mother. Of. God.

Ridiculous to have this fall into the pits of disaster.  Coaches and players should be pissed.

Just

Had Williams on the postgame radio and she says that the players aren't happy and she said that this time of February you should be figuring things out but it seems just the opposite

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Can somebody please help me understand how we've lost every game (except Maryland) this way? Why in the hell can we STILL not rebound the ball? Why can't we defend anybody shooting a 3 point shot? Why do we start every 2nd half with no energy whatsoever? Why are we platoon subbing this late in the season? These are just a few questions I wish someone would help me understand, because I'm very frustrated. We have way too much talent to be playing this lackadaisical.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

hate to say it, cause i love coach williams, but, i wonder if she might need to make some staff changes? i know she is awful loyal. coach love did look around last season.

i should probably shut it down----------i'm just really upset with this squad and staff. 

I don;t think any moves come. unless a coach leaves on their own.

5 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

hate to say it, cause i love coach williams, but, i wonder if she might need to make some staff changes? i know she is awful loyal. coach love did look around last season.

Something likely has to change.  I'm not savvy enough or have any inside info. to assess what that is, but it might very well need to be a shakeup on the staff.  I know we have 15 wins but consider the non conf. regarding that.  Many like me have been saying for some time we need more overall team quickness and speed (i.e. athleticism) while not sacrificing skill.  I want Williams to succeed very badly, but status quo going forward seems very unlikely to get this program where just about everybody wants it.

Couple observations:

1) we have talent but we’re not nearly athletic as some of the teams we are playing. Others are not only long but can also jump. 
2) we need an upgrade in coaching how to box out. 
3)when the coach shows frustration as much as she does, how do you expect your players to be any different. I’m not saying she should sit on her hands but teams reflect their coaches. That’s a given. 
4) BIG teams are passing us in recruiting. 

43 minutes ago, Actualfacts1 said:

Can somebody please help me understand how we've lost every game (except Maryland) this way? Why in the hell can we STILL not rebound the ball? Why can't we defend anybody shooting a 3 point shot? Why do we start every 2nd half with no energy whatsoever? Why are we platoon subbing this late in the season? These are just a few questions I wish someone would help me understand, because I'm very frustrated. We have way too much talent to be playing this lackadaisical.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Maybe they have been watching how the mens team comes out for the second half.

I was at The Adidas Classic at UNL yesterday.  Heard grumbling by several Husker fans.  Outside of VB, bowling, wrestling - what sports have the Huskers shown any consistency in (positive consistency), or improvement?  Seems like most of the remaining sports have slipped or been stagnant in the past decade.  Moos has made a few changes so far - perhaps we will see more in the next few years.  I just shake my head at how far most Husker sports have fallen off the map.

37 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

I was at The Adidas Classic at UNL yesterday.  Heard grumbling by several Husker fans.  Outside of VB, bowling, wrestling - what sports have the Huskers shown any consistency in (positive consistency), or improvement?  Seems like most of the remaining sports have slipped or been stagnant in the past decade.  Moos has made a few changes so far - perhaps we will see more in the next few years.  I just shake my head at how far most Husker sports have fallen off the map.

Well when u have had two dip shit AD'S it's not hard to figure out.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I forgot about that asshole. He goes to the womens games. And he sit behind me. 

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

yeah, and he prances around the big donor room at halftime, even though he isn’t one.  Takes a lot of nerve.  

Drove home late this evening after realizing the icy weather was coming sooner than expected.  

Observations and reflections:

1.  We block shots but they don’t result in change of possessions.

2.  We have to value the basketball more, too many empty possessions because of poor passes, inability to catch a pass and inability to pass the ball into the post.

3.  I don’t like taking players out of games when the team is playing well.

4.  During timeouts our staff spends so much time in their huddle they barely have time to address the squad.

5.  Our half court offense was stagnant 2nd half and no adjustments were made.

6.  Seniors need to step up and take charge of the team.  

7.  We had success in pushing the ball up court first half resulting in good shots prior to Ohio St establishing defense.  Why didn’t we keep pushing the ball?

8.  Find some players who will block out and go after defensive rebounds.  It would be nice to get an offensive rebound.

Despite all of the above, we make a blown shot or two or three in the 4th Qtr we emerge with a victory.  

14 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I don;t think any moves come. unless a coach leaves on their own.

yeah, thought of that also. you are probably right. however, it seems apparent coach love is interested in being a head coach somewhere, so, wouldn't surprise me if his name would come up again. course, lot of it will depend on the openings and that would be at a lower level (mid-major?) he was given pretty serious consideration with the ndsu opening, but, i think they were in a situation where they just couldn't afford to take that chance.