Fred’s Pi**ed...

Handy Johnson

14 hours ago, coughunter said:

Im only saying that just cause they are from here doesnt mean they deserve more playing time cause of the perceived they care more.

They deserve more playing time because we haven’t won in a month and they both “should” be back on campus next year.  I can’t say say i see them ever being more then role players though. On a competitive team cheatham would be a good role player. Do you see easily or arop ever being better than cheatham in their careers? 

32 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Please provide a detailed analysis to back up your opinion.

It's all opinion. I don't feel like Arop will be here longer than one more year and likely will never be a significant contributor. He doesn't shoot well enough from the outside and isn't big enough to play down low. In my perspective if he has to be a contributor 2 years from now it means we've missed on many prospects in recruiting. For his sake I hope he's wrong. The way people are talking about the difference he could make if we played him more is akin to the backup QB often being the most popular choice.

Edited by Husker4theSpurs

21 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

It's all opinion. I don't feel like Arop will be here longer than one more year and likely will never be a significant contributor. He doesn't shoot well enough from the outside and isn't big enough to play down low. In my perspective if he has to be a contributor 2 years from now it means we've missed on many prospects in recruiting. For his sake I hope he's wrong. The way people are talking about the difference he could make if we played him more is akin to the backup QB often being the most popular choice.

I never saw him play in HS so I'm only speaking from his extremely limited playing time at Nebraska. Up until the last 2 games I just didn't know, however he has shown a high level of athleticism. He has the length to be a shot blocker and glass cleaner(at 6'6" he has a 6'8" wingspan with a 35" vertical). He's more than quick enough to play permeter defense and can also get to the rim. He's going to have to improve his 3pt shooting but the raw skills are there. An off season in the weight room, gym, and at the training table will do him wonders. FH speaks highly of him and his future at Nebraska. 

9 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Seems like his future playing time is predicated on shooting ability and basketball IQ in Fred's offense.  He's every bit as big as Lat Mayan so it's not like we can't roll out Arop at the 4 on defense as the shot blocking rim protecting answer to our 5s lack of jump.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:19 AM, hhcmatt said:

Seems like his future playing time is predicated on shooting ability and basketball IQ in Fred's offense.  He's every bit as big as Lat Mayan so it's not like we can't roll out Arop at the 4 on defense as the shot blocking rim protecting answer to our 5s lack of jump.

He's not going to be a rim protector ... just don't see it. Time will tell ...