PSU (15-5)(5-4) vs. Nebraska (7-13)(2-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

54 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

This game was lost three minutes after the film session started yesterday.

Threw the rotation off and then Cam didn't want to play.

Also could Cross at least act like he even knows what defense even is.. His lack of effort hurts everybody else trying to play "D".

If Kevin Cross doesn't make multiple threes in a row, then he shouldn't be playing. I'd rather see what Akol Arop can offer than that garbage that Cross was throwing up on O... and Cross on D is even worse, somehow. I hope KC can pull his sh!t together, he might have a decent shot at becoming a productive two-way player at NU, but right now, it's HIT or MISS. And that's not good enough in the B1G.

12 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

If Kevin Cross doesn't make multiple threes in a row, then he shouldn't be playing. I'd rather see what Akol Arop can offer than that garbage that Cross was throwing up on O... and Cross on D is even worse, somehow. I hope KC can pull his sh!t together, he might have a decent shot at becoming a productive two-way player at NU, but right now, it's HIT or MISS. And that's not good enough in the B1G.

He is Jekyll or Hyde, but remember, a freshman. When he’s on he can pass beautifully and score in a multitude of ways. He gets in trouble when he’s determined to score on a single possession and forgets his teammates are available. I think he’ll have a good future here if he continues on his trajectory and learns/wants to play D. 

There were 2 positives I felt after the game.

1.  Fred is setting his culture in place.  I doubt Scott Frost would have benched Cam.  Just sayin.  Fred is putting his expectations out to his players in no uncertain terms.  Heck, he even did it with Teddy Allen and he isn’t even here yet.  Fred doing this now will pay off huge down the road.

2.  I was glad to see Kavas have a little success.  He seems to have kept his chin up even though he lost his spot.  He took a chance on us for his senior year and it just didn’t work for whatever reason.  Even when things don’t work out as planned, it is nice to have some good memories in the bank as you get older.  Good for him.

2 hours ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

He is Jekyll or Hyde, but remember, a freshman. When he’s on he can pass beautifully and score in a multitude of ways. He gets in trouble when he’s determined to score on a single possession and forgets his teammates are available. I think he’ll have a good future here if he continues on his trajectory and learns/wants to play D. 

Cross and Yvan are caught in a no-win position, using up a year of eligibility with very little chance for success.

I posted this list of big men in another thread, but I forgot to add a few other names:

• Mike Watson 24 years old
  • Jon Teske 22 years old
  • Matt Haarms 22 years old
  • Derrick Walker 22 years old (will be 23 on Nov. 9, so for most of his junior year, 24 as a senior)
  • Shamiel Stevenson 21 years old (will be 22 in April, so will be 22 for his junior year, 23 as a senior)
  • Giorgi Bezhanishvili 21 years old
  • Micah Potter 21 years old
  • Myles Johnson 21 years old
  • Xavier Tillman 21 years old
  • Nate Reuvers 21 years old
  • Luka Garza 21 years old
  • Daniel Oturu 20 years old
  • Kaleb Wesson 20 years old
  • Kevin Cross 19 years old
  • Yvan Ouedraogo 17 years old

It's difficult to imagine being 17 and going against future NBA players who are at least three, and usually four or fives years older than you are, and most of whom have three to five inches in height and often more in wingspan.

Bezhanishvili played as a freshman last year at age 20. Yvan won't be 20 until his senior year if he doesn't redshirt here. Was there some reason we had to get him here this year? Was he recruited elsewhere? And without him, what's our record? Maybe one game worse?

4 hours ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

Yeah, I know. You responded to what I posted immediately after the game. It sucks to see a bunch of guys on the team play "hero ball" !!!

1 hour ago, busticket said:

There were 2 positives I felt after the game.

1.  Fred is setting his culture in place.  I doubt Scott Frost would have benched Cam.  Just sayin.  Fred is putting his expectations out to his players in no uncertain terms.  Heck, he even did it with Teddy Allen and he isn’t even here yet.  Fred doing this now will pay off huge down the road.

2.  I was glad to see Kavas have a little success.  He seems to have kept his chin up even though he lost his spot.  He took a chance on us for his senior year and it just didn’t work for whatever reason.  Even when things don’t work out as planned, it is nice to have some good memories in the bank as you get older.  Good for him.

And Akol Arop was able to have a bit of success offensively, also need to point out Charlie Easley as far as defensively. Those were good, too.

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

He's a talented passer when he does pass. Also he has the same number of assists as Thor while playing 170+ less minutes

There are times when Cross pushes the pace and I'm like "wow, that was amazing coming from someone that size."  Then there are others that I'm like "oof."  The nice thing is that the "oofs" are probably due to being a Freshman and he will only grow in this aspect of his game in years 2-4.