Nebraska (15-5) vs.Minnesota (12-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

4 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

Whatever HB, Sam knows more basketball then you for sure.  Trying to chase away the only media friend WBB  has.

you are an arrogant know it all; so go crawl into a hole and be gone.  

Sam supported Eichorst’s silly purge in 2016 and should be held accountable for such a ridulous take.   He’s a football guy with a beat assignment for women’s basketball.  Like Shawn, he put his world view over any knowledge of basketball.  And if he gets “chased away” because of a message board post then he might want to consider a different line of work.  

Edited by HB

1 hour ago, HB said:

you are an arrogant know it all; so go crawl into a hole and be gone.  

Sam supported Eichorst’s silly purge in 2016 and should be held accountable for such a ridulous take.   He’s a football guy with a beat assignment for women’s basketball.  Like Shawn, he put his world view over any knowledge of basketball.  And if he gets “chased away” because of a message board post then he might want to consider a different line of work.

From the most arrogantvasshole on this board

On 1/31/2020 at 11:42 PM, HB said:

Whatever, Sam.  You were wrong in 2016.   Basketball is not your sport.  

I don't think the seniors on the team would desire pity for what they'd consider to be full, meaningful careers. They stuck with Nebraska, played here, never transferred and have been strong ambassadors for the program. There isn't anything to feel bad on their behalf about. 

51 minutes ago, swmckewon said:

I don't think the seniors on the team would desire pity for what they'd consider to be full, meaningful careers. They stuck with Nebraska, played here, never transferred and have been strong ambassadors for the program. There isn't anything to feel bad on their behalf about. 

Never said they desired pity.   Too strong a word, and it is your word, not mine or the original poster.   You of all people should not take things way out of context and overstate it.  The players should be commended for sticking with their commitment.   It has worked out OK from a basketball standpoint; they played, they contributed a lot.     But the program they committed to was not the one they got, due to the rogue actions of an incompetent AD.   Doesn't mean all is lost and no one said it was.     If a player or fan had some feeling of "disappointment" that it turned out like it did it would be understandable.    I know of one parent of a player who has some of those feelings.    You probably shouldn't claim to know exactly how they all feel.   A balanced perspective can include different sentiments on what all has happened.   In any event, the seniors and their parents have every right to be proud of how they handled everything and what they contributed.  I don't think that is inconsistent with what the original poster stated.

19 minutes ago, HB said:

Never said they desired pity.   Too strong a word, and it is your word, not mine or the original poster.   You of all people should not take things way out of context and overstate it.  The players should be commended for sticking with their commitment.   It has worked out OK from a basketball standpoint; they played, they contributed a lot.     But the program they committed to was not the one they got, due to the rogue actions of an incompetent AD.   Doesn't mean all is lost and no one said it was.     If a player or fan had some feeling of "disappointment" that it turned out like it did it would be understandable.    I know of one parent of a player who has some of those feelings.    You probably shouldn't claim to know exactly how they all feel.   A balanced perspective can include different sentiments on what all has happened.   In any event, the seniors and their parents have every right to be proud of how they handled everything and what they contributed.  I don't think that is inconsistent with what the original poster stated.

Nor did I say you said they desired it. 

You just felt especially bad for them.

And I've never had much of an indication they felt bad for themselves on the matter. 

But I understand. I've had a front row seat for every dysfunctional thing that's happened in the last decade or so, and I get the distinct sense that fans of many Husker sports are still really angry over things that happened from roughly 2010-2016, not to mention what happened in 2003. I think there are more men's hoops fans than anyone cares to admit who miss Miles, too - and don't think he was treated right - and will be lukewarm on the Hoiberg era until it wins big. Ditto for WIlliams. (And since Yori was leaps and bounds more successful than Miles, that makes sense.)  

29 minutes ago, swmckewon said:

Nor did I say you said they desired it. 

You just felt especially bad for them.

And I've never had much of an indication they felt bad for themselves on the matter. 

But I understand. I've had a front row seat for every dysfunctional thing that's happened in the last decade or so, and I get the distinct sense that fans of many Husker sports are still really angry over things that happened from roughly 2010-2016, not to mention what happened in 2003. I think there are more men's hoops fans than anyone cares to admit who miss Miles, too - and don't think he was treated right - and will be lukewarm on the Hoiberg era until it wins big. Ditto for WIlliams. (And since Yori was leaps and bounds more successful than Miles, that makes sense.)  

The lack of transparency, regarding the Yori dismissal, didn't help anyone.  I'm not sure, to this day, I know what really transpired.

With all that was going on in Yori's personal life which ultimately led to her divorce, I feel for her trying to deal with that plus manage our WBB team. It was in her best interest to step down and put her family first regardless of what the AD, or staff, or players said about her. It was great to see the response she received earlier this year. As this is Amy Williams fourth year she should have her Culture in place. With no changes to her staff it should be a smoothly run program with progress being made. That said this program could be at a turning point. How does she and her staff get this pointed in the right direction. As we have talked about here on the board, it is like a broken record. The same things said over and over. If this team sputters to finish the year then I think she needs to make changes and that starts with her staff.