OT - Norm

colhusker

WARNING - Nebraska basketball can have adverse impacts on your health.  Only consume under the direct supervision of a doctor and under the the influence of alcohol or drugs.  Side effects include agitation, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, difficulty speaking or slurred speech, dizziness, drowsiness, and feelings of anxiety.  If you have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours while consuming Nebraska basketball, you should consult a mental health doctor immediately.

I suspect Norm has incurred some adverse side effects from years of Nebraska basketball consumption and I hope he is taking the break he needs to join us again soon!!!

18 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

WARNING - Nebraska basketball can have adverse impacts on your health.  Only consume under the direct supervision of a doctor and under the the influence of alcohol or drugs.  Side effects include agitation, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, difficulty speaking or slurred speech, dizziness, drowsiness, and feelings of anxiety.  If you have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours while consuming Nebraska basketball, you should consult a mental health doctor immediately.

I suspect Norm has incurred some adverse side effects from years of Nebraska basketball consumption and I hope he is taking the break he needs to join us again soon!!!

And the paranoia, sense of doom and general lethargy during and immediately after a game.

Or is that just me?

If I had to try to get into @Norm Peterson's head and guess what's going on - I think I could do it pretty easily because I think he and I are at the same point with this squad.

I, in my logic brain, know this is a wasted season of sorts because we just do not have the pieces and everyone is so new and inexperienced. Yet, once the game starts I can't help but notice the things they coulda/shoulda/woulda done to win. Free throws, rebounding position, silly doubles on average post players to give up 3's.... it's enough to drive a man mad. 

Hope you're enjoying your well earned sabbatical, Norm. 

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

If I had to try to get into @Norm Peterson's head and guess what's going on - I think I could do it pretty easily because I think he and I are at the same point with this squad.

I, in my logic brain, know this is a wasted season of sorts because we just do not have the pieces and everyone is so new and inexperienced. Yet, once the game starts I can't help but notice the things they coulda/shoulda/woulda done to win. Free throws, rebounding position, silly doubles on average post players to give up 3's.... it's enough to drive a man mad. 

Hope you're enjoying your well earned sabbatical, Norm. 

This is basically how I have felt.  I knew it was going to be a long year and then they tip it off.

8 hours ago, jayschool said:

And the paranoia, sense of doom and general lethargy during and immediately after a game.

Or is that just me?

It is somewhat baffling to me.  I like what I am seeing out of the system on offense.  We just need more guys that fit it.  I am enjoying this season for some reason.  I can see us being very good as soon as next year.  

25 minutes ago, royalfan said:

It is somewhat baffling to me.  I like what I am seeing out of the system on offense.  We just need more guys that fit it.  I am enjoying this season for some reason.  I can see us being very good as soon as next year.  

Yep. Same. It's hard, at times, to see dubs slip away late. But, overall, it's encouraging to see actual in-game coaching that has a great effect on HOW the game is to be played !