Michigan (11-8) (2-6) vs. Nebraska (7-13) (2-7) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

The mass exodus of fans looks very bad on TV.

The fact that we sold out a 15,000-seat arena for a 7-13 club that is part of a program that has experienced the least success of any power program in the country looks very good on TV. At Penn State, there's nobody there to leave.

17 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Dan was a d-bag on that.  Was a nice block but for the love of god, act like you've done it before.

Dakich in the first half after a Mack made 3: "He doesn't need to do all that. Just run back down the court."

Dakich in the second half after a Moritz block: "Why do officials insert themselves in the game like that? Let the guys play the game."

To summarize: short black guy for Nebraska expresses some joy — bad; tall white guy for Michigan expresses emotion — part of the game.

Got it, Dan.

Between the weather, the fiasco in Washington, and making it through this thread, Hump day looks a bit gloomy. I think I'll skip thinking about Penn State and direct my focus toward the Super Bowl. Watching the Chiefs win on Ground Hog day would be sweet. Can hardly wait for Sonny and Cher.

10 hours ago, jayschool said:

Dakich in the first half after a Mack made 3: "He doesn't need to do all that. Just run back down the court."

Dakich in the second half after a Moritz block: "Why do officials insert themselves in the game like that? Let the guys play the game."

To summarize: short black guy for Nebraska expresses some joy — bad; tall white guy for Michigan expresses emotion — part of the game.

Got it, Dan.

Same guys with this take.

University of Nebraska Freshman Akol Arop entered the game in the 2nd half and ESPNU announcers said he was from Sudan, so he "is still trying to figure out basketball".
Actually he is from Omaha (he was born in Egypt and has lived in the US for 17 years).
Nothing said the entire game about white player, Thorir Thorbjarnarson from Iceland, still figuring out the game of basketball. 

23 minutes ago, colhusker said:

University of Nebraska Freshman Akol Arop entered the game in the 2nd half and ESPNU announcers said he was from Sudan, so he "is still trying to figure out basketball".
Actually he is from Omaha (he was born in Egypt and has lived in the US for 17 years).
Nothing said the entire game about white player, Thorir Thorbjarnarson from Iceland, still figuring out the game of basketball. 

I would guess Dakich MIGHT have heard of Vic Lazzaretti or Kerry Trotter two other famous Creighton Prep alums from his era that played at Marquette. But this type of “casual racism” isn’t surprising considering the source...

30 minutes ago, colhusker said:

11 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I would guess Dakich MIGHT have heard of Vic Lazzaretti or Kerry Trotter two other famous Creighton Prep alums from his era that played at Marquette. But this type of “casual racism” isn’t surprising considering the source...

You guys are really mucking this up.

Dave Feldman said this, not Dakich.

I'm listening to the broadcast and it seems that Feldman is not up to speed and Dakich is just opinionated (in my opinion his opinion rate is better than our FT rate)

Just a hunch that part of the problem with the broadcast is Michigan went on a 19-3 run in the 2nd half.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I'm listening to the broadcast and it seems that Feldman is not up to speed and Dakich is just opinionated (in my opinion his opinion rate is better than our FT rate)

Just a hunch that part of the problem with the broadcast is Michigan went on a 19-3 run in the 2nd half.

Yer right, I was at the game & didn’t hear a WORD of it. It just seemed like par for the course for everyone’s favorite Hoosier...

I transcribed Dakich's comments about Mack needing to shut up and about Wagner not deserving a T because "The greatest players in basketball history trash talk. It's part of the game. This isn't tiddlywinks. This isn't high tea. This is dudes ballin' and competin' against each other."

Then I tweeted @dandakich. Let's see if he responds.

Edited by jayschool

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

Then I tweeted @dandakich. Let's see if he responds

If he does respond it will be along the line of pointing out your tweets are due to Nebraska losing. Would he be wrong? Would you be tweeting if we had won?

I get he was 'get off my lawn guy' with Mack but I don't necessarily think his response to Wagner getting Bo Borowski'ed was some sort of inconsistency here.  Bo was across the court when he T'ed him up...it wasn't the guy who could here what Wagner was actually saying.

14 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If he does respond it will be along the line of pointing out your tweets are due to Nebraska losing. Would he be wrong? Would you be tweeting if we had won?

I can't answer a hypothetical, but I'm not a sore loser, so there's that. And I immediately noted his disdain for Mack's actions, so thanks for assuming I'm a 5-year-old pouting about a loss. I thought we knew each other better, Matt. 😀

Edited by jayschool

Dakich is also very conscious of his audience.  He knows that about 95% of all the viewers watching last night tuned in to watch Michigan play, not Nebraska.  So I wouldn't let myself get too worked up about what he says personally.  He's there to entertain, not inform.  I think that's the biggest beef that most people have with him, and believe me, there are plenty who can't stand the guy.

6 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Not mucking anything up.  I posted what I read elsewhere that the two guys doing the game said.  Just an odd take.