Michigan Pre-Game

hskr4life

What I'm more anxious to know is will Isaiah Livers be available?  He returned after about a month off from a groin injury to play against Illinois Saturday, but appeared to aggravate that injury in the second half and didn't return.

Livers is #6 in the country in 3 point %.  He's hit 30-60 3 point shots this year.

I don't think it's much of a coincidence that they've lost 5 of their last 6 at least partially due to his injury/absence.

Edited by 49r

11 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

On Livers.  My hunch is that due to gamesmanship he'll be a game time decision and then won't play.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2020/01/25/michigan-basketball-isaiah-livers-injury-illinois/4576867002/

Thanks for the link but are we certain he just didn't need to use the restroom?  That looks like the same potty dance and pose my 4 year old does.  This could be an elaborate smoke screen! 😀

Teams like to suspend players before playing Nebraska... Ohio State did it with 2 starters earlier this season. I have a feeling that a lack of Livers along with the suspended Simpson will likely not work out as well as OSU's lack of 2 dudes for a ballgame at their own house. I will admit, it's a bold strategy, Cotton!

Edited by AuroranHusker

20 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Teams like to suspend players before playing Nebraska... Ohio State did it with 2 starters earlier this season. I have a feeling that a lack of Livers along the suspended Simpson will likely not work out as well as OSU's lack of 2 dudes for a ballgame at their own house. I will admit, it's a bold strategy, Cotton!

Pretty much a win-win to do that. If they win, then they got the 'W' without exerting their key players. If they lose, then they just have the committee chalk the loss up as an 'incomplete roster' and doesn't look as bad.

The league has so many good teams that it made me wonder how the season would play out. Some teams wilt in the pressure of tough games night in, night out, plus dealing with injuries, bad shots, bad calls etc. At the beginning of BIG play, I wouldn't have picked Ohio State and Michigan as ones that wilted, and Iowa, Illinois and Rutgers as ones that could handle the heat. Then again, we're only halfway through, so who knows what happens in February. Maybe that's our turn to shine!