Thor

Huskerpapa

15 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Quite amazing Thor has went from a guy I couldn’t believe we were gonna use a scholarship on too the guy I have the most faith in on the team.  A true testament to what hard work and effort can do for a player.  Not to mention the affects of good coaching 

I always thought he should have played more and he tended to be deferential to the Seniors.  The ball moved when he was on the floor and he was excellent at cutting and passing.  

15 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I always thought he should have played more and he tended to be deferential to the Seniors.  The ball moved when he was on the floor and he was excellent at cutting and passing.  

Glad that Hoiberg & Co. saw those things in Thor. He's been a pleasant long-range bomber, too, in spite of his set shot from 25+'!

On 1/26/2020 at 2:53 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Is there a basketball player at Nebraska that has developed "overnight" like Thor?

Last year at this time most people thought he was gonzo.  Most people fully expected Thor would be gone in the Hoiberg off season purge.  Most people were surprised by his desire to stay.  Most people thought the end of last season was a mirage.   Most people were surprised when he was in the playing rotation this year.  Most people were surprised that he stepped into the starting line up.  Most people are surprised of his rebounding ability, his ability to get to the basket and most definitely his three point shooting prowess. 

I thought of him as a glue type player.   He is so much more at this point.  I hope he finishes strong this year and remains in Lincoln next season as an integral part of our team.  

It's interesting how people can have preconceived notions about a player with very little information to go on. They make sweeping judgments with such authority while providing little if any supporting evidence. 

2 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

It's interesting how people can have preconceived notions about a player with very little information to go on. They make sweeping judgments with such authority while providing little if any supporting evidence. 

It's really no different than arm-chair quarterbacking. I tend to give the local kids the benefit of the doubt, while others seem to do the opposite. It seems to be a conundrum wrapped in a riddle. I'll trust that Coach Hoiberg & Co. have a better plan than any of us on this forum.

• 6 months later...