Nebraska (14-5) (4-4) vs. Wisconsin (10-9) (2-6) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

We really do need to get our front court involved in games some how.

statistically over the last four games for our starting front court meaning Kate and Ashton we average

4.8 pts. 4.5 rb. and we get to the line .6 times a game.  Stats do not tell the full story.  That being said, they don't lie and those numbers are unexceptable especially when you have the size advantage.  The .6 times to the line is most troubling to me, it tells me were not taking the fight to or rather attacking the opponent on the offensive end.

Anyway if we get our front court involved, we should win pretty easily.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a team with slower foot speed than us.    Most fans just watch offense.  But I’m telling you we are god awful on defensive  speed and quickness.  Some of it is just slow, and some of it is effort.  We get by with some of it due to a shot blocking post.  Ultimately, to go anywhere, we’re gonna have to recruit more quickness, and emphasize  playing harder on D.  If anyone tries to contend we look remotely like playing with our hair on fire on defense, they would be wrong.  

Edited by HB

9 minutes ago, HB said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen a team with slower foot speed than us.    Most fans just watch offense.  But I’m telling you we are god awful on defensive  speed and quickness.  Some of it is just slow, and some of it is effort.  We get by with some of it due to a shot blocking post.  Ultimately, to go anywhere, we’re gonna have to recruit more quickness, and emphasize  playing harder on D.  If anyone tries to contend we look remotely like playing with our hair on fire on defense, they would be wrong.  

And I dont think it is getting better with some of the players coming in next year.

35 minutes ago, HB said:

End of the  quarter an example.  Just didn’t play the possession hard.  Ref missed the travel, but never should have not been on the shooter 

Would have been nice to pressure them from the back court.  Make them use some clock.  Poor situation management.