Purdue vs Nebraska....

whoopdeedoo

19 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Purdue was desperate for a Win! Lady Huskers will have to hone their sense of urgency in the remaining games if we are to stay in post-season contention.

Do you call the men's team the Gentlemen Huskers.  They have not been Lady Huskers for 30 years.  The women hate being called Lady Huskers.

To come back from that far down takes a lot of energy. Looks like we just have nothing left after getting up by four. I still think we don't always use our subs effectively or call time outs effectively. We need more from Cain to be effective. Agree we can still make the NCAA but need to step it up the last half of the B1G.

Purdue gets the credits for their game plan. Their confidence was high. They shut down our 3 shooting with perimeter defense (maybe the biggest factor),  and went after Cain on defense, ... drove the lane on her, and posted up on Cain to get her  to foul, and limit her minutes. And it worked.

And very simply they came to play.. We.. not so much, especially in the first qtr. That is concerning....slow starts happens with this team.

...and that was that...we were way to far behind. Got beat on the boards

Edited by redsteve

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

To come back from that far down takes a lot of energy. Looks like we just have nothing left after getting up by four. I still think we don't always use our subs effectively or call time outs effectively. We need more from Cain to be effective. Agree we can still make the NCAA but need to step it up the last half of the B1G.

With regards to time outs, I too think we could make better use of them in the first half of games.  In the second halves, I like the strategy of saving them until the end.  Being able to call a time out on the defensive end, and have it advanced to the offensive end, benefits a team like us.  Advancing the ball against pressure, has not been a strength of Amy's team(s).           

Edited by 12dozen

7 hours ago, 12dozen said:

With regards to time outs, I too think we could make better use of them in the first half of games.  In the second halves, I like the strategy of saving them until the end.  Being able to call a time out on the defensive end, and have it advanced to the offensive end, benefits a team like us.  Advancing the ball against pressure, has not been a strength of Amy's team(s).           

Advancing the ball against pressure.

Until we can get a true PG it will be any better. Maybe Helms can help next year. But we need a LM or RT type to hndle it.

14 hours ago, redsteve said:

Purdue gets the credits for their game plan. Their confidence was high. They shut down our 3 shooting with perimeter defense (maybe the biggest factor),  and went after Cain on defense, ... drove the lane on her, and posted up on Cain to get her  to foul, and limit her minutes. And it worked.

And very simply they came to play.. We.. not so much, especially in the first qtr. That is concerning....slow starts happens with this team.

...and that was that...we were way to far behind. Got beat on the boards

Yep, that's the formula- if a team can do it effectively.  On our end, need to get others to step up (outside of Cain and those shooting the 3), particularly inside.

Edited by mwm89