uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 12; ed 19 - at wisconsin

uneblinstu

I did hear repeatedly on the broadcast that Wisconsin is a better shooting team at home than on the road. Maybe they come out with the effort I saw last night, they can get a win at the Vault. And I did see a lot more effort last night than I had in games past. I did find that encouraging. 

40 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Not the worst strategy. I wasn't overly mad about it, because we shut them down in other areas. We took the gamble. They just made the shots.

Agreed, it's a proven formula that helped us beat Purdue/Iowa, but like BJones pointed out, when you can see it's not working why not switch it up? We just don't have the length & size to "man up" right now, but we WILL...

59 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

I did hear repeatedly on the broadcast that Wisconsin is a better shooting team at home than on the road. Maybe they come out with the effort I saw last night, they can get a win at the Vault. And I did see a lot more effort last night than I had in games past. I did find that encouraging. 

Wisconsin had been shooting 27 percent from 3-point range the month of January:

• 6-of-23 (26 percent) at Ohio State
  • 4-of-15 (27 percent) vs. Illinois
  • 6-of-21 (29 percent) at Penn State
  • 7-of-21 (33 percent) vs. Maryland
  • 4-of-19 (21 percent) at Michigan State
  • 18-of-34 (53 percent) vs. Nebraska

Yeah, we're bad, but ... c'mon. They couldn't hit that many in warmups.

14 hours ago, jason2486 said:

I agree with those who liked the defensive game plan. It's why we beat Iowa and Purdue. Wisconsin never shoots it that well. We could've had the same looks, and no way do we shoot that well. I thought for the most part we contested fine. They just happened to hit shots.

The gameplan is fine. When it's not working and they've met their season total on a thing that hurts you worse than a post player getting a lay-up, and you stick with it, then it's not fine. 

It didn't seem slow down Grayson Allen. And with so many camera's and angles it is pretty tough to get away with stuff like that. The threat of being caught should be a deterrent but he just keeps doing it. The one where he tries to slide his foot under Jordan Murphy coming down with a rebound, is the worst, I think. That could've been a severe injury situation. 

• 2 weeks later...