MICHIGAN game day 1-19-20

redsteve

WE win !!!!!

Mich's aggressive defensive play has them fouling out.  The lack of subbing cost them the game....except we outplayed them !
Well our bench got kind of tight during the second half as well hopefully next year our bench will be a little more open than it is this year

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That was a tale of 2 quarters like we were last place in the big 10 and then 2 quarters like we were in first place. Wish the girls played with urgency like that 4th quarter...  That was fun. Was fun to watch that come back.. 

I still dont think coach teaches them to box out!!! Blood boiled a few times.. It's very annoying when they go for a block and it looks like an easy lay up they just assume it's going to go in instead of going for the box out they just watch. Ugghhh 

12 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Did anyone just see the scratches that brown had on her left shoulder there were some nasty scratches I'm sure there wasn't a foul called they should make them girls cut their fingernails

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Matt & Coach Amy talked about that post-game.  Coach Amy said she was proud that Leigha Brown showed such maturity for a Sophmore.  Said the team was taling about it on the bench and Leigha could wear the scratch marks like a 'Badge of Honor!'

This is a bit late, but it is fun to how close they come to the actual score.

Michigan (57) at Nebraska (35)
Record 12-6   15-4
Conf Record 3-4   5-3
Home Record 8 - 2   11 - 1
Netural Record 1 - 1   2 - 0
Road Record 3 - 3   2 - 3
Power Rating 0.7296   0.7627
Power Rating RANK 57   35
SOS 0.5509   0.5193
SOS RANK 50   120
Average points per game 70.97   72.17
Average points give up per game 64.21   66.03

RealTimeRPI GAMER - Game Prediction Analysis

GAMER Score Prediction: Michigan 68   Nebraska 77
GAMER Likely Score Range (68% chance): 57 ~ 79   70 ~ 84
GAMER Winning Probability: 30.6%   69.4 %
GAMER Winning Odds: 1 to 2.3   2.3 to 1

WHEW!!  Great win for the Ladies and showed some real fight after going down double digits.  For about the first 30 mins. or so looked like UM was the better team.  It's apparent now if it wasn't before that NU needs to hit several threes a game to be successful offensively and have a chance to win against B1G competition.  Fortunately they heated up in the 2nd half.  Hopefully it's not too late to create a little more balance, but maybe it is what it is at this point.  GBR!! 

Gutty performance by Brown. That first drive to the basket just after she came in was a blocking foul on MI before it was a jump ball. That is all you need to know about the refs yesterday. I will say we fans harp about traveling but most will let them take two steps when you are making a basketball move to the rim. Just watch the NBA, they do it all the time. That by the way it where it came from. 

Took a haymaker to start the second half.  I didn't expect it, but NU gave it right back.  Good for them - they just need to strive to play that hard all the time.  It's nice when 3 players combine for 12 of 17 behind the arc.

As mentioned, officiating, as usual, was horrendous.  2 fouls on Cain were absolute jokes, but Michigan No. 15 got one late in the game that was just as bad.

The foul called on Bourne after the Michigan player plowed in to her hard, not once, but twice, was quite possibly the worst call I've ever seen in my life.  The color commentator said Bourne moved forward into the Mich. player.  BS.  She never moved - great defense.  She has the right to that position and to stand her ground.  All contact was initiated by the offensive player.

Also, as mentioned, NU's rebounding is so bad.  I call it 'spectator rebounding.'  In general, they just stand in the spot they happen to be occupying at the moment (only boxing out if an opponent happens to run into their backside) and hope the ball comes to them.  Other teams kill them game after game because they go hard after the ball.  Williams needs to take a hard look at what they're teaching them regarding rebounding, because it's just embarrassing at times.  Lacking just a tad in quickness and athleticism does have some effect on rebounding, but the difference is not enough that effort and technique can't even the playing field.

NU was fortunate that the Michigan player that got hurt early couldn't return.  In the minute she played, she was running circles around NU's defense.  If she plays the whole game, I expect the outcome would've been different.

We weren't the only ones that thought the refs were bad.

“I feel like things didn’t go our way,” Michigan coach Kim Barnes Arico said. “I don’t know if that was an officiating thing or what, but we couldn’t get a call down the stretch and it seemed like they got the whistles down the stretch. They got to the free throw line both in the third and fourth quarter, which was a really different swing than in the first half.

“(The calls) took us out of what we were doing and changed the momentum. They seemed to be more of the aggressor in the second half.”

17 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

That was a tale of 2 quarters like we were last place in the big 10 and then 2 quarters like we were in first place. Wish the girls played with urgency like that 4th quarter...  That was fun. Was fun to watch that come back.. 

I still dont think coach teaches them to box out!!! Blood boiled a few times.. It's very annoying when they go for a block and it looks like an easy lay up they just assume it's going to go in instead of going for the box out they just watch. Ugghhh 

while huskers did look rather sluggish, have to give Michigan some credit. they can play pretty good defense (with a little help from the refs 😉) good to see huskers pull it together much of the last two quarters.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

We weren't the only ones that thought the refs were bad.

“I feel like things didn’t go our way,” Michigan coach Kim Barnes Arico said. “I don’t know if that was an officiating thing or what, but we couldn’t get a call down the stretch and it seemed like they got the whistles down the stretch. They got to the free throw line both in the third and fourth quarter, which was a really different swing than in the first half.

“(The calls) took us out of what we were doing and changed the momentum. They seemed to be more of the aggressor in the second half.”

Well yes....your people fouling non stop will have that affect. Come on coach... teach them how to play and not run long deep scratches down the back shoulder of our kids !

And yes also...we were more aggressive the second half....and took the game away from you. 

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

warren nolan.com     Nebraska    rpi  47    sos   97

RealTimeRPI.com     Nebraska    rpi  44    sos   94

masseyratings.com  Nebraska    rpi  32    sos   53

ncaa.com                   Nebraska    rpi   47   (no sos)

We moved up in the Realtime RPI. I checked it last night and we were 48