Easley smiling now

AuroranHusker

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

Now someine learn me something, is this a commitable like the rest of the scholarship players? As in, he is now on scholarship for the duration of his time here or until he decided to leave or just  a semester thing?

I'd assume this is for just the semester unless it's announced that it's for the rest of his time here

Just now, hhcmatt said:

I'd assume this is for just the semester unless it's announced that it's for the rest of his time here

Thanks. 

Just curious on how that works bc i thought the B1G offered the "4-year commitable scholarship" deal. Which was why there was a big fuss about Hoiberg getting rid of Miles' players riggr away bc a coaching change is the only time you can pull schollies and force kids out. 

But im assuming there is some type of loop hole to allow you to temporarily award walkons with scholarships when you have extra.

Anyway, good for Charlie!

10 minutes ago, khoock said:

Thanks. 

Just curious on how that works bc i thought the B1G offered the "4-year commitable scholarship" deal. Which was why there was a big fuss about Hoiberg getting rid of Miles' players riggr away bc a coaching change is the only time you can pull schollies and force kids out. 

But im assuming there is some type of loop hole to allow you to temporarily award walkons with scholarships when you have extra.

I am fairly confident this only applies to guys that are initially on scholarship

15 minutes ago, khoock said:

Thanks. 

Its no different than when Miles had an open scholarship for the spring semester and gave it to walk ons like Borchardt. Come fall they are walk ons again. 

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Now someine learn me something, is this a commitable like the rest of the scholarship players? As in, he is now on scholarship for the duration of his time here or until he decided to leave or just  a semester thing?

There's an important distinction here for Charlie besides getting his school paid for (for a semester.) It also means he gets some of the other advantages reserved for scholarship players. For instance, I believe walk-ons don't get the full training table treatment that scholarship athletes get. So … food. Which is a big deal to some of us.

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Much of the focus has been on Charlie's hustle.  But don't sleep on his ability to shoot and score.  As he gets more comfortable, his good looking stroke will produce points.

This is what I’ve been saying.  He’s a scrapper for sure, but the kid is a player.  He’s also our physically strongest guard and plenty athletic.  The only knock is his height at the 2 in my mind.