WISCONSIN game day 1-9-20

redsteve

I am glad I drove the hour and half to watch tonight... I thought the girls played really well tonight!!! I thought they were pretty exciting tonight... might be the loudest I heard the crowd get in a long time tonight when haiby stole the ball at the end of the 3rd... 

Only complaints those refs were awful for both sides...

And the other is verbeek worked her butt off in the post tonight... the girls wouldn't pass the ball down to her. She was getting frustrated.. and when the defender stole the ball the few times it was because she had been posting for so long before they threw it in

Only one post on the game from the Buckyville message board.

UW lost to Nebraska by 15, although it was closer to 20 before Gilreath scored 5 points in the last 2 minutes to make it closer.  Not hard to say what happened, UW was up 10-5 in the middle of the first quarter, and NU Nebraska went on a 13-2 run to end the quarter.  UW was down by 9 at half, and UW cut that to 5, but NU was up by 13 at the end of the 3rd.

Lewis was great as usual, 18 and 10.  Laszewski had her first bad game of the year, and no one else stepped up.  Basically, UW had a bad game, which is bound to happen during the course of the season.  The trouble is that UW's margin for error is so thin that a bad game almost always means a loss, usually a bad loss.

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

I watched intermittently on TV.  Bourne is our most skilled post player, rebounds, runs the court and defends.  Nice win tonight and Maryland lost at Iowa.  Let’s go to the East Coast Swing and try to grab two victories.

Watch what coach had to say about Izzy in her post game presser. I posted the video for people to watch.

12 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Watch what coach had to say about Izzy in her post game presser. I posted the video for people to watch.

Not to wear it out...but have thought that Issie (think that's the preferred spelling ?) has the potential like few I've seen from the young players. Like coach said, Issie has the physical development & skills to be on another level. Saw it the first couple of games. She just plays fast and smart all the time. She's had lots of excellent coaching in her youth playing experiences.

She scored 11 and 8 rebounds with ease in limited minutes, Could of had a couple more baskets. Would not be at all surprised to see 20 pts this year..... a double double possible?

Said before the newer Aussie commit could very well be another real high level guard. Porter has many of the same experiences as Issie. 

Anyway, so far she looks great on the floor. Just needs more floor time to get even more comfortable. Plays like a Sophomore/Junior already.

Edited by redsteve