Jervay Green

• 2 weeks later...

Once again  I keep going back to watching him at the Party at the scrimmage this year.

He is a clown (always laughing, not too serious, messing with everybody) and guys who are the life of the party are great to have around when everything is going well for them and the ones around them.

But as soon as something isn't "fun" any more or the can't be the life of the party, they shut down and can turn nasty.

Had a friend like that in High School, fun at its best but it wears a guy out.

Just what I think I see.

Edited by Silverbacked1

1 hour ago, dskurz said:

Another suspension for violating team rules coming soon for Jervay liking this tweet?  SMH

2020-01-29_10-19-41.jpg

Best player? Guy must be blind. 

Cant imagine Green does get advised to look elsewhere after this year. Unless he makes some significant improvements to his game this offseason he won’t be getting many minutes his senior year. 

29 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Best player? Guy must be blind. 

Cant imagine Green does get advised to look elsewhere after this year. Unless he makes some significant improvements to his game this offseason he won’t be getting many minutes his senior year. 

He is one of the best... at being the worst FG% shooter. The only ones shooting worse are Kavas and Easley (Arop's 1.4 average minutes don't count).

I'm from a small town in south central Nebraska.

When I took Physics in high school, it was a small class and the pace was slow, so it was pretty easy for me. When I took Physics my first semester of college, I got a 96 on the first test and I thought, "college is gonna be the same as high school - what fun!"

Then we started covering new material. Physics was no longer fun. I had to work a lot harder. I did not like it. I withdrew from the class (retook it sophomore year). I just wasn't ready for it.

Jervay's basketball journey reminds me of my Physics journey. It's fun when it's easy and you're a big fish in a small pond; it's hard when you're dropped into a new, larger pond filled with fish who are better at math and physics than you are. Some fish adapt, others die.

It seems to me that Jervay has never gotten completely acclimated to his new surroundings, role, coach, etc. We could go on and on about which coach/system he was originally recruited into, but at the end of the day, you either learn to swim or you don't.

Unfortunately, it's starting to feel like Jervay will be floating upside down on top of the water this spring...

Just to clarify for the old heads on here, sometimes people "like" tweets on Twitter when they are mentioned (by Twitter handle), even when they dont actually like the tweet.

For example, if someone I know mentions or tags me in a tweet but it is not someone I regularly associate with OR I do not want to engage in the topic, I just like the tweet. That way I acknowledged you and what you said but did not engage in a response, therefore ending the conversation between us.

However, it is possible that Jervay Green did like the tweet both literally and figuratively 😂

8 hours ago, khoock said:

Just to clarify for the old heads on here, sometimes people "like" tweets on Twitter when they are mentioned (by Twitter handle), even when they dont actually like the tweet.

For example, if someone I know mentions or tags me in a tweet but it is not someone I regularly associate with OR I do not want to engage in the topic, I just like the tweet. That way I acknowledged you and what you said but did not engage in a response, therefore ending the conversation between us.

However, it is possible that Jervay Green did like the tweet both literally and figuratively 😂

And Jervay also "un"-liked the tweet. So, there's that....