Minnesota (11-2) vs. Nebraska (11-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Huskers Shoot Past No. 24 Minnesota

Women's Sports are the Winning-est Teams we have! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

image.png

Kate Cain led Nebraska with 19 points, 15 rebounds and six blocks.

Game Recap & link to Box Score:

https://huskers.com/news/2020/1/4/womens-basketball-huskers-knock-off-minnesota.aspx

Lincoln - Kate Cain posted her third consecutive double-double with season highs of 19 points and 15 rebounds to go along with six blocked shots, as Nebraska powered past No. 24 Minnesota in front of a season-high crowd of 5,940 and a Big Ten Network TV audience on Saturday at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

With Cain anchoring the Huskers inside, Nebraska outworked the Gophers on the glass, 50-38, but it was far from a one-woman show on the boards for the Big Red.

The Husker defense locked down on Minnesota's long-range shooters throughout the contest, holding a Gopher group that was averaging 8.4 made threes per game to just 5-of-18 shooting, including just 1-of-9 after halftime.

For the game, Nebraska hit 44.3 percent (27-61) of its shots from the field and 8-of-13 free throws. Minnesota finished at 31.5 percent (23-73) from the floor but just 27.8 percent (5-18) from long range. The Gophers hit 7-of-8 free throws and won the turnover battle, 16-10.

Edited by Red Don

Watching this game in person and then watching the game on BTN after I got home. What looked like some missed calls during the game actually were called correctly. They still missed some traveling calls. Was surprised to see the women ref was a one time NBA official. She also was fired from the NBA. I still think they missed some fouls but they really did not want to make it about them unlike some other recent games.

Watching this game in person and then watching the game on BTN after I got home. What looked like some missed calls during the game actually were called correctly. They still missed some traveling calls. Was surprised to see the women ref was a one time NBA official. She also was fired from the NBA. I still think they missed some fouls but they really did not want to make it about them unlike some other recent games.
Dee Cantner, has done six straight championship games.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

I feel like the media is basing more on what she has done as a player that what she has done as a coach to this point. Being her first coaching job can be tough. Will see how she does this year.

you are correct. when minny is moving the ball well, and their 3 point shooters (scalia, hubbard, pitts and brunson) are in tandem they can be a very dangerous team. having said that, team rebounding seems to be their nemesis at this point in BT play (although bello will get her share).